Domain block w/wifi but not hotspot

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Six60street
Freshman

Domain block w/wifi but not hotspot

Starting in Febuary 24 one of my buisness information sytems became unloginable with HN wifi, i can log in using my ph hotspot on same device, durring the whole month of april it worked perfectly then again became unloginable.   i get  err_connection_reset.  very fustrating. i am not puter savy so i am at my wits end which isnt much.  thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Six60street,

Thank you for reaching out! Welcome to the Community! We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing service issues. I was able to pull your account up through your Community profile, which is great! Upon investigating your account, it seems you've been having frequent modem related state codes. To start, I'd like to send a replacement modem, to see if that alleviates the issue. Please expect the replacement soon; you can use its box to return the old modem. For your convenience, the return label is included in the outer pouch. 

Let me know how the new modem works out for you!

Thanks,

Remy

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Try clearing the cache, history, and cookies. If that doesn't fix the problem, try clearing the DNS by following the procedure below:

1. Turn off all of the devices that are using the modem (all phones, iPads, computers, etc.)

2. Unplug the modem's power from the wall socket.

3. Wait a minute, then plug the modem back in.

4. Wait about 5 minutes after all the lights on the modem are back on, then turn all your devices on one-by-one.

ok i will try it thanks

Pay particular attention to the part in step 1 where it said: All the devices using the modem. If there's a corrupt DNS entry hiding somewhere in your house, and it's on that device when the modem comes back up, it may re-insert it back into the system without you knowing it making the whole thing a waste of time.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Did not work,    im at my wits end.........

maratsade

Did you try both things?

Other things you could try:

Use a different browser

Use incognito mode

Are you using a VPN? Turn it off.

If you have an ad blocker, turn it off

Turn off all add-ons

Edit: See this too: https://www.pcguide.com/how-to/err_connection_reset/

tried all, none work. if i use my hot spot to my lap top on chrome it works flawlessly, when i click on the log in page it goes to " aboutblank" in top bar, thinks for about 4-5 seconds then taps out with "err-connection_reset.  it has to be a lap top setting or HN.    willing to pay for pro help, by buisness is suffering because.        ps i am not a savy putter guy, so alot of this stuff i dont know what it means.  help please

maratsade

Your hotspot is a different network; this is why it is responding differently. It seems you may have an issue with your home network with Hughesnet. Hopefully one of the mods on this site will reach out to you, check your system,  and suggest more troubleshooting. 

Six60street,

Thank you for reaching out! Welcome to the Community! We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing service issues. I was able to pull your account up through your Community profile, which is great! Upon investigating your account, it seems you've been having frequent modem related state codes. To start, I'd like to send a replacement modem, to see if that alleviates the issue. Please expect the replacement soon; you can use its box to return the old modem. For your convenience, the return label is included in the outer pouch. 

Let me know how the new modem works out for you!

Thanks,

Remy

Thank you so much