Hughes email logon fails using Thunderbird pop 3

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ecoalex2
Tutor

Hughes email logon fails using Thunderbird pop 3

Today my Thunderbird pop3 logon is failing. I've had this before, but usually it resolves the problem without intervention, today no.

I tried new passwords , but all attempts didn't work.

What are the required characters , number and combination  description for a successful logon using a pop3 email?

I could view my email page after I logged on to the Hughes home page,  I prefer the convenience of all emails I have in one app (Thunderbird) .

6 REPLIES 6
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Hey ecoalex2. Long time no see.

Though I can't help with the current problem you're seeing, as I don't use Thunderbird and don't know much about 3rd party apps for email, I'd think about migrating to another email provider, or at least starting an account with one to have it as an alternative when the time comes. Maybe one of the more prominent free services, like Gmail, Outlook or Yahoo Mail. With ISP provided email progressively going by the wayside, it's very likely that this will happen with HughesNet's at some point as well. And though I don't know this for sure, I think they may have already stopped offering email to new sign ups.

I think it's a combination of fewer people using ISP provided email and the free email by the aforementioned providers tending to be more complete and up to date with today's technology and abilities. I'm kind of lucky in that I've been using Outlook and its prior versions for my primary email for nearly 25 years, having first gotten an account when I got dial-up service from MSN in the late 90s. Were it not for the HN Community notifications, which I forward to my MSN email anyway, I'd never use my HughesNet email.

Just something to think about. I hope you're able to get the problem resolved quickly. 

MarkJFine
Professor

@ecoalex2 

I'm seeing the same thing in Outlook. For some reason POP email isn't authenticating properly. It's possible that either the authentication server is down, or it just can't retrieve anyone's credentials. It happens from time to time.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Liz

Hi folks, 

Thank you all for posting about your e-mail concerns. Our engineers have confirmed that they are investigating this. I have no other details on the matter, but once I have an update, I'll let you know. Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hi Liz :), GabeU 🙂

Long time no see , because no problems. I am happy with Hughes, and do tell anyone asking how well it works for me . No problems for years is a good thing 🙂 Thanks to all making Hughes such a success, great job all 🙂

happycat.resized.resized.jpg

Hi ecoalex!! Glad to hear it, missed your happy cat pics! :3

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz

Hello!

Our engineers have made a change to address this, please confirm if you're able to access e-mail again. I've received one confirmation so far from another customer who posted here in the community.

Thanks,

Liz