Upgrade Fees

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frustrated_1
New Poster

Upgrade Fees

I upgraded to fusion 100gb a month ago and now pay $120 a month. I just went online to look at the price for 200gb in my area and it’s $79.99 for 200gb. When I call to try and get this price I’m told it’s not available to me and if I want the 200gb with fusion I need to pay $179 a month plus a $300 set up fee for the installer to come out and upgrade my equipment. This seems unfair seeing I just upgraded a month ago and then they drop their fees 14 days later. And calling or chatting online doesn’t help or get you anywhere. If I was to pay the $300 to come set up it would be cheaper to cancel and pay the $400 fee and get the lower price a month and free equipment set-up. It seems like Hughesnet is a great company until you’re actually their customer and then they don’t care. Anyone else feel this way??? 

7 REPLIES 7
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Maybe the corporate reps on this site can work with you on this. Give them a chance to look at your account and see what they can do. 

Remember this is not a review site; this is a tech support site. Best thing to do for anyone who feels disgruntled, angry, frustrated, etc. (and the thing that will get you the best results) is to calmly explain your issue and ask the reps here to look into it and see if they can work out a different deal for you.  Posting reviews won't fix anything, plus there are many sites out there where you can post reviews and complaints and discuss them with other people. This is not one of those sites. 

Best of luck to you -- I hope your issues get addressed and that things improve for you. 

So what your saying is if I haven’t had success with the hours on the phone with HughesNet and the multiple conversations on chat - I should then come over here and kindly post about the rude support team, multiple times I’ve been hung up on or chats have ended, how I’ve been told twice that upgrading would fix my problems and it hasn’t and then most recently this, AND whoever runs this site will help me??? 

maratsade

Yep. 

Frustrated_1,

I see this is one of your first posts here. Welcome to the Community! We'd love to help take a look into this for you, but I was unable to locate your account directly through your Community profile. Please send me a private message at the link provided below with your account number or a phone number attached!

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/102584

Thanks,

Remy

GabeU

Is the $79 deal not for new subscribers? 

It’s a deal they posted only for new subscribers weeks after I signed up. I called and messaged to see if I could get that deal also and I’ve been told no or only if I want to pay a $300 fee for a service set up and equipment

GabeU

But therein lies the problem. You 'upgraded' to a fusion plan a month ago, which means you had another plan prior to that.

The new subscriber deals are meant to attract new subscribers. HughesNet is no different than any other ISP in offering deals to new subscribers and lesser deals or no deals at all to current ones.