cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding inline images to Hughesnet email

Highlighted
Professor

Adding inline images to Hughesnet email

I didn't think this merited being in the Tech help area, so I'm placing it here.

Is there a way to add inline images to an email using the Hughesnet email account?   I don't see an icon on the ribbon to do this. 

HN_email_ribbon.png

With other types of Web mail software, you just move the image into the body of the email and it sticks, but I tried this with Hughesnet email and it didn't work.

Not a big deal at all, just wondering if anyone knows how to do this or if it's even possible.

30 REPLIES 30
Advanced Tutor

Re: Adding inline images to Hughesnet email

@maratsade

I don't typically use the Hughesnet Mail platform, but I pulled up my own HughesNet email  via my account page and mine looks different from yours..and unlike your version, I have an icon that I can click to add/embed images directly into the email

Untitled.png

Professor

How odd!  @Amanda@Liz, any way I could get the same version of the app?

@bare65 wrote:

@maratsade

I don't typically use the Hughesnet Mail platform, but I pulled up my own HughesNet email  via my account page and mine looks different from yours..and unlike your version, I have an icon that I can click to add/embed images directly into the email

Untitled.png

Senior

Odd indeed.............  After digging I noticed 2 versions of clients in Preferences

Ajax.................            Has no photo option

Standard HTML...........Has has the additional attachment optionsMailPrefs.PNGUse the Ajax Login

For what its worth........   someone maybe should see if EITHER version puts the Photo inline..

That was the original post right?

Professor

I saw that and tried it, and that only lets me add an image by providing a URL.  I don't see a way to upload an image from my files..... Maybe there just isn't a way. 

HN_email_image.png

Senior

Geezzz.......   @maratsade I didnt notice that.

So. ya gotta be running an FTP server at home to insert an image from home. Smiley Sad

Does a cloud have a URL?  I have a bunch a images in some clouds up there ..... somewhere....

How bout the images that we upload to our user accounts here in the community? 

@maratsade wrote:

I saw that and tried it, and that only lets me add an image by providing a URL.  I don't see a way to upload an image from my files..... Maybe there just isn't a way. 

HN_email_image.png

Distinguished Professor III

@maratsade

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but after starting a new message, when you click Add Attachment, then check "Show images in message body", then choose the image and attach it, it attaches in the message body, as shown in the third picture, which is just a small snip of the Community page.  I sent it to my MSN email and it came through just fine.  

Edit:  Though it clearly says "Tip: drag and drop files from your desktop to add attachments to this message", I couldn't get that to work.  Then again, I didn't try anything other than JPG pictures.  I didn't try a PDF or anything else.  

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Senior

Hi @GabeU

Ahaaa. I see you are using the Ajax Client.  

We're just havin fun here.     See even YOU jumped into this thread without reading the first three posts.

Gotcha!!   Smiley Surprised

Distinguished Professor III

@kitnbob wrote:

Hi @GabeU

Ahaaa. I see you are using the Ajax Client.  

We're just havin fun here.     See even YOU jumped into this thread without reading the first three posts.

Gotcha!!   Smiley Surprised

Nope. I read the entire thread.  My post provides a way to add an image to the message body, which I believe is what maratsade is trying to do.    

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Senior

@GabeU wrote:

My post provides a way to add an image to the message body, which I believe is what maratsade is trying to do.    

Yes! It works! I tested it by sending to a Windows live Mail POP account.

I must point out that the check box to "show image in message body"

is not available in the standard HTML client (login option)

Works in AJAX

MailPrefs.PNGUse the Ajax Login