Adding inline images to Hughesnet email

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Adding inline images to Hughesnet email

I didn't think this merited being in the Tech help area, so I'm placing it here.

Is there a way to add inline images to an email using the Hughesnet email account?   I don't see an icon on the ribbon to do this. 

HN_email_ribbon.png

With other types of Web mail software, you just move the image into the body of the email and it sticks, but I tried this with Hughesnet email and it didn't work.

Not a big deal at all, just wondering if anyone knows how to do this or if it's even possible.

30 REPLIES 30
bare65
Advanced Tutor

@maratsade

I don't typically use the Hughesnet Mail platform, but I pulled up my own HughesNet email  via my account page and mine looks different from yours..and unlike your version, I have an icon that I can click to add/embed images directly into the email

Untitled.png

maratsade

How odd!  @Amanda@Liz, any way I could get the same version of the app?

@bare65 wrote:

@maratsade

I don't typically use the Hughesnet Mail platform, but I pulled up my own HughesNet email  via my account page and mine looks different from yours..and unlike your version, I have an icon that I can click to add/embed images directly into the email

Untitled.png

Odd indeed.............  After digging I noticed 2 versions of clients in Preferences

Ajax.................            Has no photo option

Standard HTML...........Has has the additional attachment optionsUse the Ajax LoginUse the Ajax Login

For what its worth........   someone maybe should see if EITHER version puts the Photo inline..

That was the original post right?

maratsade

I saw that and tried it, and that only lets me add an image by providing a URL.  I don't see a way to upload an image from my files..... Maybe there just isn't a way. 

HN_email_image.png

Geezzz.......   @maratsade I didnt notice that.

So. ya gotta be running an FTP server at home to insert an image from home. Smiley Sad

Does a cloud have a URL?  I have a bunch a images in some clouds up there ..... somewhere....

How bout the images that we upload to our user accounts here in the community? 

@maratsade wrote:

I saw that and tried it, and that only lets me add an image by providing a URL.  I don't see a way to upload an image from my files..... Maybe there just isn't a way. 

HN_email_image.png

maratsade

@kitnbob,

I have the same problem with the email app in Ajax or in HTML.   When in HTML, I can only upload images that have URLs, so I can't upload an image from my computer.

When in Ajax mode, I don't have an option to upload images.  I have an option to add attachments, but can only add them as attachments, not inline.

I would like to add images inline, and I can't with my email app.   @Liz, @Amanda

@maratsade

Your image Looks exactly like the is the HTML version.

This is IE.....  Looks the same in ChromeThis is IE..... Looks the same in Chrome

Perhaps you should try "save"      and then re-start your browser. 

gotta save your changes :-)gotta save your changes 🙂

maratsade

@kitnbob,

Yes, I've been saving changes. 

@maratsade

I 've switched back and forth so many times, I think mine is fowled up now...

I cant find that check box either.   Smiley Indifferent

@kitnbob wrote:

@maratsade

I 've switched back and forth so many times, I think mine is fowled up now...

I cant find that check box either.   Smiley Indifferent

@maratsade I'm sorry you haven't found the right combination yet,,,,   But let's slow down a bit, because HughesNet Gen5 speed is not so good when Uploading yet...........  It screams on downloads.........  But remember to give a little slack when entering Data.  I hit "enter" way too fast MANY times myself.

OK,   I have two browsers running now looking HughesNet WebMail, 1; Ajax (advanced), 2; Standard HTML

They are visually different.

This is when you are using AJAX

PrefsAjax.PNGHeader Ajax.PNG

This is IT when running ajax

There is NO "social Tab" and

There are more Pref's in HTML a whole row of tabs

Notice,     many tabs acrossNotice, many tabs across

We are NOT in AJAX. I have to redact my name at top.

Header HTML.PNG

In HTML there is NO spell checker

LOOK SpellChecker in AJAXLOOK SpellChecker in AJAX

IF YOU are here.........  clic on "Add Attachment"   to see if the inline image check box is visable

Sorry That there are so Many images in this post.

maratsade

@kitnbob,  I see the image below in Ajax, not in HTML.   I did save and then I restarted the browser. 

@kitnbob wrote:

@maratsade

Your image Looks exactly like the is the HTML version.

Perhaps you should try "save"      and then re-start your browser.  This is IE.....  Looks the same in ChromeThis is IE..... Looks the same in Chrome

GabeU

@maratsade

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but after starting a new message, when you click Add Attachment, then check "Show images in message body", then choose the image and attach it, it attaches in the message body, as shown in the third picture, which is just a small snip of the Community page.  I sent it to my MSN email and it came through just fine.  

Edit:  Though it clearly says "Tip: drag and drop files from your desktop to add attachments to this message", I couldn't get that to work.  Then again, I didn't try anything other than JPG pictures.  I didn't try a PDF or anything else.  

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Hi @GabeU

Ahaaa. I see you are using the Ajax Client.  

We're just havin fun here.     See even YOU jumped into this thread without reading the first three posts.

Gotcha!!   Smiley Surprised

GabeU

@kitnbob wrote:

Hi @GabeU

We're just havin fun here.     See even YOU jumped into this thread without reading the first three posts.

Nope. I read the entire thread.  My post provides a way to add an image to the message body, which I believe is what maratsade is trying to do.    

@GabeU wrote:

My post provides a way to add an image to the message body, which I believe is what maratsade is trying to do.    

Yes! It works! I tested it by sending to a Windows live Mail POP account.

I must point out that the check box to "show image in message body"

is not available in the standard HTML client (login option)

Works in AJAX

Use the Ajax LoginUse the Ajax Login

maratsade

Yes, your post does provide a way to do exactly what I wanted to do, @GabeU,  and it also shows something's wrong with my account, because my account looks different and I can't find any way to add images inline, which is what I wanted to do.  Which adds evidence to the theory that the satellite doesn't like me. LOL

@GabeU wrote:

@kitnbob wrote:

Hi @GabeU

Nope. I read the entire thread.  My post provides a way to add an image to the message body, which I believe is what maratsade is trying to do.    

Hi maratsade,

Ha, I just had to completely edit my post. I was able to reproduce your attachment screen sans option to add inline pics. Can you please ensure that you're composing as HTML as opposed to text? When I switched between Ajax and HTML in the general preferences, that made no difference in the attachment window. I only saw the inline pic option disappear when I switched compose as HTML to compose as text.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

@Liz

@Liz wrote:

Hi maratsade,

I only saw the inline pic option disappear when I switched compose as HTML to compose as text.

to reproduce @maratsade 's snippet you will see it at;

>compose>add attachment               while in HTML client

@Liz

Im sorry,

to reproduce @maratsade 's snippet you will see it at;

>compose>add attachment               while in HTML client

edit:  I'm trying to remove this post.

I also see that composing in "text" changes things in HTML client

stilHi kitnbob,

Yes, you're right. I had to exit the tab and then return later to see the webmail in its HTML version as opposed to  the regular Ajax version. When I was in in the HTML version of webmail, I saw the same attachment screen as posted by maratsade.

@maratsade are you able to successfully switch to the Ajax view? The screenshots I've seen from you show the HTML version. There would be a visible difference between the two, as you've noticed. I'm worried that you're still in HTML mode. As kitnbob mentioned, don't forget to hit Save after switching to Ajax. Then to be safe, close the tab and try relaunching webmail.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!