Hughesnet Community

(CREEPY PICTURE WARNING!) I hate it when it rains in the summer and fall...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

(CREEPY PICTURE WARNING!) I hate it when it rains in the summer and fall...

It's an old house, and I get these finding their way into it from the basement.  And this is the smaller of the two types that I get.  The dark grey ones are even bigger, and fatter.  They're wolf spiders, in case anyone was wondering.

100_0003.JPG100_0006.JPG

16 REPLIES 16
maratsade

That's an awesome looking spider.

GabeU

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

No.. It's not... I fight those friggen things all year long... THEY GET MASSIVE!!!!

They definitely get bigger, though probably even moreso where you are.  

The kind pictured doesn't really bother me so much, other than the one time I found one crawling across my lap (yes, that actually happened).  The dark grey ones (almost charcoal) are the ones that really creep me out.  They get HUGE, even for here in NY.  From what I understand, they have more of a tendency to bite, too.  

The kind pictured just have a tendency to skitter away if they see you, and their fast.  They will rear up if you corner them, though.  

With that said, because I was able to actually catch this one, I let it go outside.

CORROSIVE:  I added the warning to the title, scaredy cat.  🙂 

maratsade

"one time I found one crawling across my lap "

How cuddly of it. LOL

oh god i regret clicking on this thread. kjhgskaghalrgarlgkh

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

😛 

I don't scream. I punch things.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

maratsade

@Liz wrote:

😛 

I don't scream. I punch things.

Video or it isn't true. 

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

"one time I found one crawling across my lap "

How cuddly of it. LOL

I tried to pet it, but it wasn't very amenable to that.  LOL.   

I wonder if I could catch one and teach it tricks.  Sit. Roll over.  Play dead.  Give me a hand shake.  😛 

maratsade

I suggest also winking all eight eyes in a pattern, plus don't forget to train it for attack.  Nothing like a well trained attack spider.

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

I suggest also winking all eight eyes in a pattern, plus don't forget to train it for attack.  Nothing like a well trained attack spider.

Wow.  I hadn't even thought of that.  Completely slipped my mind.  Looking a pet in the eye is very important, and if I mised one or two of them it could be grave mistake.  It could turn on me!  

I should probably make sure it has a decent diet, too, lest it turn into this....

giphy.gif

OMG The warning in the title was cut off!! nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope

giphy.gif

maratsade

@Amanda wrote:

OMG The warning in the title was cut off!! nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope

giphy.gif

ROTFLMAO

GabeU

@Amanda

I re-altered the title, putting the warning in the beginning.  I hadn't thought about the fact that it would be cut off.  I don't want anyone having a heart attack!  

giphy (1).gif

maratsade

" Looking a pet in the eye is very important, and if I mised one or two of them it could be grave mistake."

You'd be guilty of eye discrimination. Very wrong indeed.

I love Spiderpig!