Hughesnet Community

Case #104334649 Charges quoted on phone and bundles services have not been honored

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akywright
New Poster

Case #104334649 Charges quoted on phone and bundles services have not been honored

When I signed on with Direct TV, they offered internet service and home phone service to me addionally. If I bundled the two services ( internet and phone), I was told the monthly charge would be $49.99. They then transferred me to Hughes Net. I was also quoted the same price for both services by a Hughes Net rep. The rep reiterated the price to me more than one time as I questioned her more than one time. When she told me she was charging my debit card $64.98, I asked her why the charge was not $49.99. She told me there was a one time equipment fee of $14.99, but only for the first month. Thereafter the charge to my debit card would be $49.99 per month. We agreed on the terms. When your install guy came out, he did not have a work order to install the phone line, just the internet. I called a Hughes Net rep at the time and I was given completely different rates and service offers. I still do not have a phone and I've only been given temporary discounts. PLEASE RESOLVE ASAP. I'm tired of of the delay and use of my time trying to receive what Hughes Net agreed to.

1 REPLY 1
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@akywright

You should repost this in the "myAccount and Billing" section.  I'm not sure about when one is transferred to Hughesnet sales, but normal sales calls are recorded, and your sales call may be available for the reps to listen to.  

With that said, it's strange that the rep said the $14.99 fee was a one time fee.  The $14.99 is the equipment lease fee, and it's a monthly fee. 

Again, though, you should repost this in the "myAccount and Billing" section.  A rep will answer you.   They reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, so the earliest one would reply, most likley, is Monday.