ES19 slowdown tonight? 9/10/2018

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

ES19 slowdown tonight? 9/10/2018

For those on the ES19 who normally have decent speeds, is anyone else seeing a significant slowdown tonight? At 9:33PM EST.  

This question if only for those mentioned.  Please do not turn this thread into a rant against HughesNet.  Thank you.  

29 REPLIES 29
maratsade

Good for you, Debbie, for getting rid of your TV.  I cut the cord 4 years ago and I'm glad I did (though others in my household still watch TV).   I can still watch news online if I choose to, and other things as well, but the TV is history for me.   I watch DVDs when I have time too. 

@maratsade wrote:

Good for you, Debbie, for getting rid of your TV.  I cut the cord 4 years ago and I'm glad I did (though others in my household still watch TV).   I can still watch news online if I choose to, and other things as well, but the TV is history for me.   I watch DVDs when I have time too. 

@maratsade  Same here. All I ever watched was the news. I can read all the news I want for free on the internet, and I watch Meet the Press most Sunday mornings on my phone, just the segments I'm interested in. Joy likes to watch the Seahawks, but we can live stream a game a week without going in FAP because we don't stream anything else during normal hours.

maratsade

Speed has slowed down again this afternoon.  Not sure if this is congestion -- the hurricane is raging all day long, but the speed is fine in the morning, so maybe it's congestion after all. 

speed.png

GabeU

hDlU_DoZh.png

maratsade

Broadband thief! 😉

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

Broadband thief! 😉

Hypocrite!!!!  😛  

Capture.JPG

@maratsade

I took a peek through our tools to see what's going on, there's an alert on your account showing your services may be affected by Hurricane Florence. Possible it may have something to do with that, but keep us updated! 

-Brooke

maratsade

Thanks for checking, Brooke, and that of course makes sense. The issue has been happening more and more in the evenings, and I report it because this is a change from before --  I  imagine congestion also has something to do with this.  It does dive down quite a bit, though.  Right now, it's bounced back. 

speed.png

maratsade

I noticed a slowdown, but there have been slowdowns for me this week around the times when most people are expected to be home. It was very significant on the weekend.  I've also had trouble reaching sites, but all those sites are weather sites or sites covering the impending hurricane.   I think in my case it's just congestion. 

@GabeU wrote:

For those on the ES19 who normally have decent speeds, is anyone else seeing a significant slowdown tonight? At 9:33PM EST.  

This question if only for those mentioned.  Please do not turn this thread into a rant against HughesNet.  Thank you.