Airplane
Coming to America
Looker
Terminator
They Live
War Games

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Ah.  With the exception of Looker, which I've never seen, those are all great films.  

I'd have to say...

Blade Runner

The Empire Strikes Back

Runaway Train

The Terminator

Conan the Barbarian

Excalibur

Platoon

Ferris Beuller's Day Off

The Breakfast Club

A Nightmare On Elm Street

Tron

and a few others...

Blade Runner was good. "wake up, time to die" still remember that line. I recently watched the remake. Meh.

maratsade

Excalibur was great!

@GabeUwrote:

Ah.  With the exception of Looker, which I've never seen, those are all great films.  

I'd have to say...

Blade Runner

The Empire Strikes Back

Runaway Train

The Terminator

Conan the Barbarian

Excalibur

Platoon

Ferris Beuller's Day Off

The Breakfast Club

A Nightmare On Elm Street

Tron

and a few others...

The shining, now that was a scary movie. Me and my friend drove to the city to see that in the theater, my friend had already read the book. I still remember those creepy twins.

GabeU

@alfrescowrote:

The shining, now that was a scary movie. Me and my friend drove to the city to see that in the theater, my friend had already read the book. I still remember those creepy twins.

The book was so much better, in my opinion.  Then again, the movie was quite different than the book.  The movie was still very good, though, and quite creepy.  I saw it when I was a kid and it scared the heck out of me.  

I'm actually looking forward to seeing the Blade Runner sequel when it's on HBO or Starz or something.  Of the original I have the four disc Ultimate Cut on DVD.  

Love Blade Runner. So many classic lines and a classic cast.

Edit: Many people think David Lynch ruined Dune... I feel the same about BR as I do Dune... awesome cast, and quite a few memorable lines.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

I read Dune and saw the movie. Loved both.  The story Blade Runner is based on is very different from the movie -- the replicants, for one, aren't sympathetic at all; they're really psychotic.  The  movie softened them a lot.

@MarkJFinewrote:

Love Blade Runner. So many classic lines and a classic cast.

Edit: Many people think David Lynch ruined Dune... I feel the same about BR as I do Dune... awesome cast, and quite a few memorable lines.

@maratsade

Read the Dune trilogy (Third book was real hard to get past because it was so dark), but did not read "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?". Conisdered getting the graphic novel series tho.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

The "Do Androids...?"  story is dark and depressing, like most everything the guy wrote (I bet his last name would get bleeped, so I'm not using it...LOL), and I like him as a writer.  The replicants were pretty nasty, there was a really weird religion, drug use,and lots of stuff that probably made sense if you were a hippie into psychidelic stuff.  Not a bad story, just, different.   The story "We'll remember it for you wholesale"  (also written by PKD -- it was the inspiration for the movie Total Recall) was excellent. I liked the  movie a lot too, but it had almost nothing to do with the story.

maratsade

I read most of the Dune books.  Only liked the first one.

maratsade

I loved The Shining.  Super creepy.  I didn't like that kid, though.

@alfrescowrote: