cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEN5 slow download speed

Freshman

GEN5 slow download speed

When is Hughers going to fix the crawling download speed with Gen5?

13 REPLIES 13
Assistant Professor

Re: GEN5 slow download speed

New Poster

I tried to complain and all I got was them trying to tell me hour by hour how the speed was used. No good explanation on why it has slowed down so drastically. Got "oh well"!. I cancelled and they took out charges for early cancellation without any notice. They want your money but do not want to back up their service. Beware.
New Poster

I tried to complain and all I got was them trying to tell me hour by hour how the speed was used. No good explanation on why it has slowed down so drastically. Got "oh well"!. I cancelled and they took out charges for early cancellation without any notice. They want your money but do not want to back up their service. Beware.
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Freshman

I didn't post in tech support on purpose because trouble shooting is not going to cure the problem.. A tech that Hughes sent to my home last week spent two hours looking at this end and could find no problems.  The problem is with Hughes.

Distinguished Professor IV

@lostmtnman wrote:

I didn't post in tech support on purpose because trouble shooting is not going to cure the problem.. A tech that Hughes sent to my home last week spent two hours looking at this end and could find no problems.  The problem is with Hughes.

Corrosive's reply was to Puckettrl, as is shown by his opening. 

But, with that said, this support community isn't strictly for customer end issues.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Freshman

Is there anyone out there that has been having the same or similar problems with slow Gen5 downloads had their problems solved and fixed by HughesNet?  If so, what were the solutions and fixes to this apparent inherent problem?

Freshman

God forbid, maybe it's time to get the Feds involved.  The Trade and Communications people might welcome investigating this issue.

Freshman

Is there any truth to the rumor that HughesNet Gen5 managers, engineers and programmers are ex-Microsoft employees that were responsible for Windows Vista?