Gaming on Gen5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jordank20
New Poster

Gaming on Gen5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not understand that why HughesNet (being in the 21st century and all) cannot increase the speed enoough for gamers to be able to actually play each other AND play the best games. When you sign up they say only a few games are unplayable, then afterwards they say you can't play anyone else AND you can't play Fortnite, Call of Duty or ANY of the good games. I know you guys can do better.

Anyone else have this happen???
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MarkJFine
Professor

Because it's not the speed that's the problem.

The problem is latency, and there's nothing that can be done to fix that. It's a fact of how the technology works.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MarkJFine
Professor

Because it's not the speed that's the problem.

The problem is latency, and there's nothing that can be done to fix that. It's a fact of how the technology works.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Because the speed of light (and radio waves) is what it is and the fact that the satellite is aproximately 23 thousand miles out in space. They can't make the latency any better with geostationary satellites.