cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gen 5 Data Useage

Amanda

Re: Gen 5 Data Useage

Hello Willow & 67010_NoService

I understand you are seeking assistance, however the original poster of this thread appears to have a different issue than what you have posted. Our recommendation if you want assistance is to please create a new thread for yourselves in the Tech Support category as GabeU advised above. 

Thank you

Amanda

lindadev
Spectator

Just signed up with Gen 5 - we have been at the house 5 days in the last 3 months and blew through all data 30GB every month not even being there.

One thermostat.  That's all.  We disconnected roku, DirectTVs, no ipads even at the house.

It's crazy.  I've been on the phone with them for the last two days.  With no result.  It's going to cost me $600.00 to quit them.

I'm calling my State regulatory agency next.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@lindadev

If you'd like help in determining what it is that is using so much of your data please start a new topic in Tech Support.  

Calling your state regulatory agency because something on your end is chewing through all of your data isn't going to do you much good.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Amanda

Hello buddha6

It's been a while since we've heard from you so this thread will be closed. If you still have questions or concerns on this topic, feel free to send me a PM to re-open it or create a new thread.

Thank you,

Amanda

Si
Spectator

I'm a new customer and am not at all satisfied with my data plan.  The 10MB teaser lasts less than a week, I'm not a heavy user.  I will not recommend this service to anyone and will be switching ASAP. 

maratsade

If you need help resolving your issues, you may want to start a new topic either under Tech Support or MyAccount and Billing

To cancel, you will need to call 866-347-3292. You may have to pay an early termination fee if you're still under contract. See http://legal.hughesnet.com/ServiceTermsAndConditions-current.cfm

To avoid equipment charges, you will also need to return the equipment (modem, power pack, and the radio from the dish). You will get a kit to return the equipment when you cancel the account.  

Bspur1
Spectator

Everyone I’ve talked to says the same thing! Just admit HughesNet is cheating it’s customers and stop being an **bleep**
GabeU

@Bspur1

HughesNet sells a data package.  Neither how quickly someone uses that data, nor what on someone's system is using it, is HughesNet's responsibility.  HughesNet is not cheating anyone out of their data.  

Secondly, please refrain from using foul language on this site.  It's immature and there's no need for it.   

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro

Am just curious if others have a similar experence.

Had problems with Gen5 data usage ever since I "upgraded".  Google "gen5 data usage" and you'llind plenty of other people are having the same problem

GabeU

@Amanda

You had mentioned earlier closing this thread.