Gen 5 Data Useage

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
buddha6
Freshman

Gen 5 Data Useage

For years we had an older HughesNet 15 GB plan and almost never ran out of data. "Upgraded" to Gen 5 30 GB plan and, over the past year, have exhausted the 30 GB with a week remaining in the cycle almost every month. I'm the only user and haven't changed my  use habits - don't watch movies, etc.  Simply web data use.

While I notice a slight speed advantage with Gen 5, it's nothing remarkable. What bothers me is that despite the claimed speed advantage and doubling my download package, I spend a week, or so, with significantly slower response. According, I regret the "upgrade" and wonder about the system's use monitoring accuracy.

Am just curious if others have a similar experence.  

23 REPLIES 23
Si
Spectator

I'm a new customer and am not at all satisfied with my data plan.  The 10MB teaser lasts less than a week, I'm not a heavy user.  I will not recommend this service to anyone and will be switching ASAP. 

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

If you need help resolving your issues, you may want to start a new topic either under Tech Support or MyAccount and Billing

To cancel, you will need to call 866-347-3292. You may have to pay an early termination fee if you're still under contract. See http://legal.hughesnet.com/ServiceTermsAndConditions-current.cfm

To avoid equipment charges, you will also need to return the equipment (modem, power pack, and the radio from the dish). You will get a kit to return the equipment when you cancel the account.  

Am just curious if others have a similar experence.

Had problems with Gen5 data usage ever since I "upgraded".  Google "gen5 data usage" and you'llind plenty of other people are having the same problem