Google problem?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Google problem?

Has anyone else seen any issues with Google over the last week or so?  Sometimes when I simply try to open the page it takes forever, while any other web pages are just fine.  And, when I try to search using Google, the searches sometimes take a very long time while, again, the rest of the net is fine.  

Nothing "fixes" it.  When I check "IsItDownRightNow", which I can sometimes do in less time it takes for the Google page to load, it says Google is fine.   

Again, no other sites are affected while this is happening, just Google.com and the searches using it.  

Just curious if anyone else was seeing this.  

9 REPLIES 9
maratsade

Nope, nothing.   Are you still having the problem of slow loading of FB pages?

@GabeU wrote:

Has anyone else seen any issues with Google over the last week or so?  Sometimes when I simply try to open the page it takes forever, while any other web pages are just fine.  And, when I try to search using Google, the searches sometimes take a very long time while, again, the rest of the net is fine.  

Nothing "fixes" it.  When I check "IsItDownRightNow", which I can sometimes do in less time it takes for the Google page to load, it says Google is fine.   

Again, no other sites are affected while this is happening, just Google.com and the searches using it.  

Just curious if anyone else was seeing this.  

GabeU

Interesting.  I keep forgetting to check the page load time when it happens, but I'll try next time.  

Facebook is fine now.  I don't know what was going on with it, and as far as I know HughesNet didn't tweak anything, but it's been much better over the last few months.  It's still slower than most other pages, but with so much to load I would expect it to be.  

maratsade

Have you run a tracert?

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

Have you run a tracert?

Not while it's happening, no.  I think when it happens again I'll quickly try a ping.  Then, if it happens again, I'll try a tracert.  

This is while it's working normally.  Not sure what that 3rd hop is.  

Capture.JPG

I'm convinced the whole internet is messed up. Chinese hackers are running massive vulnerability scripts literally everywhere tying everything up. It's a mess.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU

I didn't get a chance to run a traceroute betore the issue got better, but here's the difference...

Problem...

Capture.JPG

Normal...

Capture1.JPG

Granted, 15.1 seconds isn't terrible, but for a simple page like Google it's a bit odd.  Sometimes it takes a good bit longer than that.  It's the same when I try to search using Google and when I do automatic searches when right clicking on highlighted text and choosing "Search Google for...."

maratsade

That's a pretty big difference, and 15 seconds seems excessive for Google.com.  Something's clogging up the pipes, and maybe it's the Chinese hackers Mark sometimes talks about. 

mayor06

Right click internet, then right click google, left click open, works for us

maratsade

You're replying to a very old thread; chances are the issue does not exist for the OP anymore.