Hughesnet Community

Meanwhile, on the other side of the fence.....

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Meanwhile, on the other side of the fence.....

These are recent posts on the Xfinity community.  Subscribers to this terrestrial-based service are seeing their quota of issues. This is just a very small sample of posts. 

"I can not load certain websites on my laptop and I can not load certain apps on my cell phone while connected to my xfinity modem/router."

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Around every 30 seconds to a minute, my internet ping spikes from around 20ms to 1000ms for around 5 seconds, making games unplayable and calls inconsistent. Is there any way to fix this?

Several times a day my modem will lose connectivity for ~7 minutes. On both wireless and wired connections to the router, LAN functionality is maintained, whereas the WAN is dropped. Looking into my modem logs I see errors corresponding to the connectivity loss."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The WAN side of my connection continuously drops at random intervals. These outages occur at least three times a day and can last from 10 minutes or until I reset the modem. These outages also affect our voice line. I have spoken with multiple tech support agents, had a technician visit, and exchanged my modem for a replacement at the local Xfinity store. This morning, Thursday, March 19, beginning at 0200, my connectivity began dropping more frequently."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Very slow speeds
Have reset everything. Have the 300mbps package and only ever get 180 for a few minutes and it drops back to 50. Im about done paying for this its ridiculous."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

15 REPLIES 15
GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

"Very slow speeds
Have reset everything. Have the 300mbps package and only ever get 180 for a few minutes and it drops back to 50. Im about done paying for this its ridiculous." 

I get a kick out of this one.  180Mbps for a few minutes, then it drops back to 50Mbps?  Aw, poor baby.  

maratsade

There have been several like that one, and they crack me up. OMG, speeds of 50 Mbps??  Cancel, cancel now! Call the feds! 

EDIT: notice, too, that they have the THREE HUNDRED Mbps package. They can basically travel in time with that one.  And then it drops to 180, and then-- gasp! -- to 50.  The horror, the horror! It's surely fraud! Thievery! *eye roll*

Oh the humanity!

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

50 Mbps, Mark! You have to feel for these people. 

On another note, I speed-walked on my treadmill listening to "Whatever You Want - The Very Best of Status Quo".

I may be the only American that's ever heard of them.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

You pay your money

You take your choice

GabeU

@MarkJFine 

There was a Status Quo song playing on satellite radio the other day when I was driving to town.  I don't remember what it was, and though I've heard of them I'm not familiar with their songs.   

I'm more into folk rock and rock from the late 60s, classic rock, 80s music and heavy metal from just about all eras prior to the new millennium.

Start playing The Byrds, Buffalo Springfield and CSN and I'm in heaven.  🙂

maratsade

The grass isn't greener on the other side of the fence. CenturyLink fiber customers are complaining that their normal downloads of 1000 Mbps have been "unfairly throttled" to between 300 and 500 Mbps. 

Oh the humanity.

Lord knows what they've done to us.

maratsade

CL has abolished caps, as have other insane ISPs.   As a result, many of their subscribers can still enjoy absurdly fast speeds (I would posit almost no one needs 1000Mbps DL speeds, or even a third of that), but these users are destroying the internet for millions, and some of those come to this site to complain that tiny HN is to blame, when  it's the giants who are doing the damage. 

If they haven't done it yet, I hope streaming providers start seriously throttling streaming speeds. 

I think they have.

maratsade

They have in Europe, but I don't think they have here, or at least I haven't seen this. Then again, I haven't been following this trend. 

EDIT: a quick news check tells me it's just in the EU. I don't find anything about this being implemented here in the US. Yet. 

@MarkJFine wrote:

I think they have.

GabeU

Aw.  Those poor people.  I just don't know how they're surviving with 300-500Mbps speeds.  

maratsade

I know, right??  Who can do anything at those speeds?;P

EDIT: I bet their latency has taken a hit too, probably from 5ms to as much as 20ms.  The horror.

@GabeU wrote:

Aw.  Those poor people.  I just don't know how they're surviving with 300-500Mbps speeds.  

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

EDIT: I bet their latency has taken a hit too, probably from 5ms to as much as 20ms.  The horror. 

😛 😛 😛