Hughesnet Community

Never got my blue beams, and they aren't even offered anymore!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Never got my blue beams, and they aren't even offered anymore!

When I upgraded to Gen4 in Feb 2016, I expected to get the blue beams that were in the Gen4 TV ads.  I never did, though I patiently waited.  Now, I see that the blue beams are no longer included, as the Gen5 TV ads don't have them.  I'm truly disappointed.  I was waiting for them with bated breath, and was going to show them off to my neighbors and friends, but now that I have Gen5, the possibility ends.  "Look at those blue beams!  I bet you wish you had them!  But you don't!  Neener, neener, neener!"  

Knowing that there is no longer the possibility that I will get them really has me sad.  😞

Goodbye, blue beams.  You were just a dream.  

Blue BeamsBlue Beams

9 REPLIES 9
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Dear Gabe, blue beams and unicorns are not real. Only kittens and puppies are.

no-computer.jpgCapture.JPG

GabeU

@BirdDog wrote:

Dear Gabe, blue beams and unicorns are not real. Only kittens and puppies are.

Wait..."My Little Unicorn" isn't a real unicorn?  Darnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  😞

giphy.gif

Oh no I'm having flashbacks.... Woman Frustrated

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

@GabeU

Usage rates have to be above a certain amount before the Blue Beams become visible or so I've heard.

You may also wish to see if your Flux Inductors are in proper alignment:

Mr Careful.jpg

maratsade

Hughesnet expects users to align their own flux inductors? Outrageous.

GabeU

Wait a minute.  So being the king of data misers with Gen4 had the inadvertent effect of assuring that I would never see the blue beams?  Ugh.  

It couldn't be the alignment of the flux inductors.  I bought "Flux Inductors for Dummies" and followed the instructions to a T.  And, just between you and me, I even hacked into the "Americans for Proper Flux Induction" secret site and learned the best way to set them, even using linears (think an old CB radio)!  So, I know that they are adjusted for optimal performance.    

It's a heat issue, isn't it?  Yep.  It must be.  Because I never gave it a true workout the dish would never heat up, therefore keeping the beam invisible.  Darnit!

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Come on, you knew it was coming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcZe8_RZO8c

maratsade

Misleading advertising, @GabeU. You know who you have to contact..... 🙂

What do we want? Blue beams!

When do we want them? NOW!