cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Hughes Net and need help

Sophomore

New to Hughes Net and need help

Does n 1 knoq if hughes net plans is rollong  out new data packages  any time soon 50gb a month is killing me

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor I

Re: New to Hughes Net and need help

For tech support, post to the tech support forum. 
ETA, actually, the products and services forum would be better.

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@john777wrote:

Does n 1 knoq if hughes net plans is rollong  out new data packages  any time soon 50gb a month is killing me

It's extremely unlikely.  They don't have another satellite going up for at least another three or four years, and the satellites already in service are pretty much set with what they're going to offer, I imagine, as there really isn't enough combined throughput to offer anything more.

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Sophomore

There is something more.  The Business Internet service plans offer up to 250GB of high-speed data.  It can be expensive, but there is a 75GB plan for $150/mo as well as a 150GB for $270/mo.   The 250GB is $470/mo.  Contact customer service to switch over.

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@Installerwrote:

There is something more.  The Business Internet service plans offer up to 250GB of high-speed data.  It can be expensive, but there is a 75GB plan for $150/mo as well as a 150GB for $270/mo.   The 250GB is $470/mo.  Contact customer service to switch over.

Forgot about that.  Really, though, up to a certain point you're just paying for more data during the day, while really getting less overall and paying a lot more for it.  

Business accounts do have the advantage of the optional static IP, though.  

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit