Salesman Lie to get you in contracts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stuartkccm
Spectator

Salesman Lie to get you in contracts

I called multiple different sales people to make sure I was getting accurate information. I told each one if them we used over 250 gb a month. We have six people with phones, xbox, alexas, printers etc. I told them we average 1-3 mbs with current internet but average about 1.5 but would like to be able to have more than one person using it. They each said that we would not use as much data since it was faster, ok but I know we will use more than 20gb, how slow is the slowest it will be once reach cap. I was told by more than one sales rep it will never go below 3. So that was twice as fast as I was getting so it was worth the $30 more a month. They give you more the first month so that you will not realize how slow it will be. During my probation time I called telling them it wasn't working quite right. They had a technician come out look at dish, then ended up moving router upstairs. But the time it took technician to get appointments I was past the time to get rid of it. I call one to two times a month constantly having issues. Today we were at 0.15mbs. I called hughesnet and they couldn't even test my speed. They told me it wasn't working on there end to call back later. They quoted their favorite line you have reached your cap. I have been promised three separate times that i would be given 2 extra gb to help me get through my situation to get me off the phone. Never got the data. I will make sure everyone I know, will understand about the salesmen lies. I have 4 kids, two times they got Fs on homework because they could not access the videos they needed. We have been told also you have too many devices. They tried to tell me this today I laughed because I only had one device connected. We can just surf web with no video and our data seems to disappear. We are stuck for 15 more months. We cant afford to get out. I wish I never would have switched. It might be in the fine print but its shoukd still be considered fraud.
5 REPLIES 5
Hardy

Hello Kim,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I apologize you feel misinformed. I will further investigate this for you.  Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

SuperSnowflake
Freshman

Yeah, that sucks...

Sounds like you did similar to what I did, listened to the rep without varifying their own facts. About the only thing that will be worth it is to take some of your tax return and use it to pay the cancellation fee. It sucks but it'll get you away from hughesnet and onto a better service sooner then later.

Hughesnet does not support gaming so the xbox's wont do so well with the huge latency hughesnet offers it's customers. For gaming ideally you want a ping of 50ms or less, I dont think I've seen less then 4000ms from hughesnet service. The data plans are a joke so you dont have to worry about being throttled if you run out of data, its the same speeds if you have data or not.

If you can, get on a dsl with at&t. They are not very fast but tons faster and more reliable then hughesnet. If thats not an option look for services that utilize fiber optics or radio's because once again, faster and more reliable and very cheap compared to hughesnet if not the same cost for better service.

Only reason why I'm still here in data purgatory (hughesnet) I'm awaiting for a service to finish being setup in my area offered by velocity, they offer faster speeds (150Mbps) with no data cap for the same cost as hughesnets basic package (cheapest service available)

I started with hughesnets premium service (best money could buy) and was disappointed. I talked to reps and met with the techs and came to the same conclusion that the service I was being provided is what I'm supposed to have. So I asked to be dropped to their cheapest service plan or maybe one of their hidden plans that was dirt cheap and guess what.... My service did'nt change... I have the same speeds now on their cheap plan as I had on their premium plan and still when the data runs out the speeds dont change at all... But that could have something to do with the dish being pointed at my roof instead of the sky but the two techs that came out they both said thats how it should be... Lol I know thats **bleep** but I'm done putting effort and money into a service that does not deliver... I got two months and cant wait to be done...

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@SuperSnowflake wrote:

So I asked to be dropped to their cheapest service plan or maybe one of their hidden plans that was dirt cheap and guess what.... My service did'nt change... I have the same speeds now on their cheap plan as I had on their premium plan and still when the data runs out the speeds dont change at all... 

All Gen5 plans offer the same service.  The only difference is the amount of Service Plan Data offered with each plan.  

Gen4 plans, OTOH, had different up to speeds between higher and lower plans, though people often saw the same, regardless of the plan.  My Gen4 plan (15GB) offered up to 10Mbps.  I was seeing 30Mbps regularly, as were some on the largest Gen4 plan.  My folks's Gen4 plan (10GB) gave the same thing, though their speed has dropped a little since they got it.     

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Average individual speed can definitely vary by beam and gateway, depending on loading. I regularly get 20+ Mbps on my Gen4 system.

Hardy

Kim,

I apologize for the delay in response. Please refer to your private messages in the top right corner for further assistance.

Thanks,

Felicia