cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scary Email Scams...

Associate Professor

Re: Scary Email Scams...

I'd like to know what you were doing in the "compromising video."  Hopefully it's not your "I am Chiquita Banana"  dance. 

Senior Instructor

Heh... I'd like to know too.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Distinguished Professor II

@MarkJFine wrote:

@GabeU

The password was real and clearly the result of an old site hack somewhere. Spent several hours changing a lot of passwords when I saw it.

Eek!  I bet that made your hair stand on end!   

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Senior Instructor

I'm still changing passwords, just in case.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

@MarkJFine wrote:

I'm still changing passwords, just in case.

I don't blame you one bit.  It's ALWAYS better to be safe than sorry.  

When I had my email hacked years ago I went through and changed every password I had, which took quite some time.  

On any site that I've used any financially connected info I change my password every few months.  I wish every website gave the option to check a box that would prompt you to change your password after every so many days.  Microsoft used to do that (72 days, I think it was), though not anymore.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Associate Professor

"  I wish every website gave the option to check a box that would prompt you to change your password after every so many days."

That'd be very useful. 

Senior Instructor

I'm already fatigued changing all of just these.

You really have no idea of how many things you're signed up for until you have a hacked password and have to change them all.

@MarkJFine wrote:

I'm already fatigued changing all of just these.

You really have no idea of how many things you're signed up for until you have a hacked password and have to change them all.

You've got that right!  I have a notebook with passwords, both written down on the notebook pages, separate pages, and little pieces of paper.  It's ridiculous.  It's all in one place, but hardly organized.  And there are dozens upon dozens of passwords in there.  It wouldn't at all surprise me if there are over 100.  Heck, some are for sites that don't even exist anymore.  Smiley Tongue  

Senior Instructor

Taken me 3 days, but I think I'm finally done.

Well, this is odd.  I have gotten into the habit of checking the spelling due to my fingers not always agreeing with me.  It missed this.Capture.JPG

I fixed it, but how odd.  

@MarkJFine wrote:

Taken me 3 days, but I think I'm finally done.

Until next time.  LOL.  

And, another odd thing.  That quote didn't include your disclaimer.  Something is up with this thread.  Maybe it's hacked!!!!!!  Smiley Tongue Smiley Tongue Smiley Tongue 

Edit:  It just dawned on me:  your disclaimer is your signature, so of course it wasn't included in the quote.