Sites not loading today

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Sites not loading today

Oddly, neither Weather Underground nor Weather.com are loading for me.  Fine, I'll just look out the window, then.   

23 REPLIES 23
GabeU

Are they still not working?  

I can get the sites to come up, but oddly enough, I can't get the localization to work on weather.com.  The entry spot for your city or zip doesn't work, and the cookie that had been holding my info forever is evidently not doing so now, so the only weather I can look at is for the default location, which is Washington DC.  

maratsade

Still not working, with no errors, just a blank page.  I bet they'll come back when the network is less congested. They were fine early this morning.

@GabeU wrote:

Are they still not working?  

I can get the sites to come up, but oddly enough, I can't get the localization to work on weather.com.  The entry spot for your city or zip doesn't work, and the cookie that had been holding my info forever is evidently not doing so now, so the only weather I can look at is for the default location, which is Washington DC.  

GabeU

No errors.  The entry spot just doesn't work.  It's like a static picture.  You click to enter your info and nothing happens.  It was doing this yesterday with Firefox, but now it's not working with Chrome, either.  First time in the couple of years I've been using the site that something is not working properly.

Capture.JPG  

maratsade

Accu-weather works.  Weather.com and wunderground.com are giving me timeout errors. 

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

@maratsade wrote:

Accu-weather works.  Weather.com and wunderground.com are giving me timeout errors. 

Weather channel working fine for me.

maratsade

Here's my theory: I'm on SDO. It's been raining in San Diego, so scads of people are checking the weather sites over there and overloading the webz.  😉

@Reggie wrote:

Weather channel working fine for me.

GabeU

Okay.  I had a DERP! moment.  

I cleared my browser cache.  Everying is fine now.  😛

maratsade

No diff for me after clearing cache. 

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

No diff for me after clearing cache. 

I wonder if it's an SDO specific issue.   Wonder if they work for @MarkJFine .

Did you try clearing your DNS cache and power cycling the modem?

maratsade

Yeah to both, and it still happens. I would imagine both sites will work without issues in the morning, when it's less congested.  It's not really a problem; I just thought it funny that two weather-related sites were not loading. It's clearly an anti-weather conspiracy. 😉

GabeU

@maratsade 

Darn conspiracies!  😛 

I'm pretty sure TWC owns WU.  It wouldn't surprise me that they run from the same server farm.  It also wouldn't surprise me if it was CL related, and/or with your gateway.

maratsade

They're a subsidiary of The Weather Company (an IBM sub), and they're located in (dun dun dun!) San Fran.  It's been raining in CA, so of course, the internet is disrupted. 

@GabeU wrote:

Darn conspiracies!  😛 

I'm pretty sure TWC owns WU.  It wouldn't surprise me that they run from the same server farm.  It also wouldn't surprise me if it was CL related, and/or with your gateway.

GabeU

So it really IS a conspiracy!  😛 

maratsade

Yes. There's a coalition of weather-disgruntled Californians causing all of this trouble. 

@GabeU wrote:

So it really IS a conspiracy!  😛 

Working for me. Even localised.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

Both have now returned for me.  Yay.

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

Both have now returned for me.  Yay.

Mark did it.  When he tried those sites they knew that they were no match for him, so they started working again.  😛

They knew they wouldn't dare...

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

Update, 4/11/20

Both wunderground.com and weather.com are loading just fine this morning. 

It's Ripley's