This is going to be fun....

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

This is the type of thing that wipes our power out.  😞 😞 😞   

At least it's not very cold out, and my phone just finished charging.  🙂  

9 REPLIES 9
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Sure enough.  My cat was watching me while I was taking the pictures. 

Sorry for a few of them not being very clear.  The wind is awful and it was hard to hold the camera still.  And yeah, that's my finger.  😛  

This is my phone line, and the branch that took it down, literally ripping the line off from the roof down to the box.  Amazingly, my phone still works, though if enough cars run over the line it will probably break.  Luckily, we get very little traffic on my dead end road.  Verizon should be here within a few hours to fix it.  

100_0009.jpg

0404180817a.jpg

0404180818.jpg

0404180820b.jpg

100_0004.jpg

GabeU

Oh, wonderful, now it's cold and snowing.  So, cold, snowing, and the wind is still blowing like crazy.  

I feel so sorry for the Verizon guy who's going to have to deal with this.  I don't know if he's even going to be able to fix it today, as the wind might be too much for the boom truck.  SMH. 

Hey, mother nauture, it's APRIL!!!   

maratsade

You've had some pretty rough weather lately! (Edit: well, this winter/spring)  I hope Verizon will not send someone out in the wind and snow, though I'm sure you'd like to have your phone service back....

That's a nice looking cat!  He's smart; he's not venturing outside.  I believe he may be shaking his head at you. 

GabeU

@maratsade

When he came out the wind was still awful, but it wasn't snowing much.   Still, for him to be up on that ladder in this wind was VERY brave of him.  He got the line reattached and it's all good, now.  

I actually tried sending a message to Verizon to forward to the tech's supervisor about how impressed I was with his work.  Forget that.  You can't send an email through Verizon, and the only thing you get on Facebook is a bot.  The tech was great.  Trying to compliment his work has been a nightmare.  SMH.  

My cat's a lazy bum.  😛  He is cute, though.  

maratsade

That's really brave, and how silly you can't easily give kudos.  On the phone, I have sometimes asked whether I can give kudos to a supervisor, and sometimes they will transfer me or give me an email address.  I think people who do a good job need to be recognised. 

How old is your cat?

@GabeUwrote:

When he came out the wind was still awful, but it wasn't snowing much.   Still, for him to be up on that ladder in this wind was VERY brave of him.  He got the line reattached and it's all good, now.  

I actually tried sending a message to Verizon to forward to the tech's supervisor about how impressed I was with his work.  Forget that.  You can't send an email through Verizon, and the only thing you get on Facebook is a bot.  The tech was great.  Trying to compliment his work has been a nightmare.  SMH.  

My cat's a lazy bum.  😛  He is cute, though.  

GabeU

@maratsadewrote: 

How old is your cat?

He just turned eight.  I'm not quite sure his exact birthday, but I figure it's probably March or April.  When I brought him inside at the end of Sept in 2000 we figured he was around six months old.  

maratsade

He doesn't look a day over 5! 🙂

@GabeUwrote:

He just turned eight.  I'm not quite sure his exact birthday, but I figure it's probably March or April.  When I brought him inside at the end of Sept in 2000 we figured he was around six months old.  

Your cat looks like he could lose a few pounds.Smiley LOL

GabeU

@alfrescowrote:

Your cat looks like he could lose a few pounds.Smiley LOL

Yeah, he's a tad bit chubby.  He's a fairly good size cat already, but he's around 17 pounds, which is way too heavy.  He's going to the vet next month for a checkup on his gums (he has issues with stomatitis), and I'm going to ask the vet how to properly put him on a diet so he can go down by at least five or six pounds.