cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

World Nutella Day

Happy World Nutella Day!

How do you pronounce "Nutella"?   In the UK it's pronounced nut-ella, but in the US, I've heard people pronounce it newt-ella, even though it's made with nuts, not newts. 

nutella.png

6 REPLIES 6
Liz

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas~ I think I used to pronounce it New-tella, but after hearing more people say nut-tella, I've been making an effort to say it that way. 

I've only tried Ferrero Rocher within the past few years and I get it. That's a really good candy. Nutella crepes are pretty great too.

Been curious about this 2 (really 3) ingredient flourless Nutella cake:

https://dailydishrecipes.com/two-ingredient-flourless-nutella-cake/

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

maratsade

I've had a version of that cake -- the only difference is that, since I can no longer have the real Nutella because of the sugar content,  my wife makes the cake with homemade sugar free Nutella (which she makes also).  The cake is VERY GOOD.  The ground nuts inside the nutella act as a kind of "flour."

I have a funny story involving Nutella. When I was overseas in Europe, me and my friend were staying at a local's home. It was like a mini farm, they had goats, chickens, etc and every morning they would offer us breakfast. Sometimes they would cook for us, but most of the time we just ate toast with Nutella. Well, one morning, my friend was getting tired of toast and Nutella (not sure how he got tired of it but here we are) and instead, he wanted to eat some cereal.

They had a whole host of cereals that were essentially the Slovakian equivalent of US Cereals like Cheerios, Coco Puffs, Fruity Pebbles, etc. He requested the Coco Puffs and they brought each out to us at the same time. I was enjoying my Nutella on toast and he took a big spoonful of cereal. They asked us how it was - I replied great and he sat there with a mouth full of milk and cereal with an odd look on his face and made the classic noise to let someone know something is good, "MMMMMMM". They smiled and walked off. 

After our host left the room, my friend spat his cereal into his bowl. I asked him what was wrong with him and he says "Jay, this milk is warm and tastes horrible. I'm pretty sure it's goat milk! You HAVE to help me eat it, I don't want to be rude." I just laughed and said "No way!" as I continued to eat my Nutella toast and he took forever to eat his warm chocolate flavored goat milk cereal, barely choking down every spoonful until he finished it all.

-Jay

LOL fresh out the udder

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

MarkJFine
Professor

I used to go to Augsburg a lot back in the 90s. We didn’t have Nutella here, but they sure had it there. Was talked into buying some to bring home. Didn’t care for it then, but now I could spoon out a whole container over the course of a day... and have.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU

It's been FAR too long since I've had Nutella.  I love Nutalla, peanut butter and marshmallow fluff sandwiches!  🙂 🙂 🙂