any time data

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snoopy2
Freshman

any time data

On the 15th of the month I had 60 percent of my data allowance left, no on the 25th of the month I am out of data.  My computer use has not changed at all.  I have been noticing this happening every month for the pst 6 months.  It really looks like it is intensional on the part of HN.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If I'm not mistaken, there were two MS Office updates (one around the 13th, another a couple of days ago) and two cumulative W10 updates this month. Plus phone apps are just about updating once a week now.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@snoopy2

HughesNet is not taking your data, nor are they reducing the data you have available.  

If the only thing you have connected to HughesNet is a Windows based computer, it makes it very easy.  Take a look at Glasswire, which monitors the data used, and what uses it, on the Windows based computer it's installed on.  Glasswire is free.   

If you have more than a Windows based computer connected and you need more in depth help with figuring out what could be using the data, please create a new post in Tech Support.  

Edit:  I should add that Glasswire can only monitor the data used going forward.  It can't deduce what's already been used.  Still, it can be a very useful tool, especially if the high data usage is an ongoing issue.  

If I'm not mistaken, there were two MS Office updates (one around the 13th, another a couple of days ago) and two cumulative W10 updates this month. Plus phone apps are just about updating once a week now.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.