canceling my service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nancyseger2015
Freshman

canceling my service

i was on the phone for 30 min, argueing with this lady ,,all i wanted to do was cancel my service,,i swear she would just repeat herself over and over,,she says i will suspend your account till dec,,i said no,,just cancel it,,i said iam not going back to huges net,,ever!!! then she said well let me tell you your options!!! OMG!!! this went on for 30 min..i said let me talk to someone else,,of corse they were busy,,yeah right!! omg,,take no for an answer,,i have been with huges net for several years,,,i wouldnt go back to them if they paid me,,,,unreal!!!!!  they need to teach there employees to except the word no!!!

3 REPLIES 3
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Every ISP out there does the same -- it's called customer retention and it's an established practice that's not unique to Hughesnet.  If you weren't able to cancel your service,  you will need to try calling again.

mikef
New Poster

I have been considering cancelling my service as well, good to know ahead of time.

@nancyseger2015 wrote:

i was on the phone for 30 min, argueing with this lady ,,all i wanted to do was cancel my service,,i swear she would just repeat herself over and over,,she says i will suspend your account till dec,,i said no,,just cancel it,,i said iam not going back to huges net,,ever!!! then she said well let me tell you your options!!! OMG!!! this went on for 30 min..i said let me talk to someone else,,of corse they were busy,,yeah right!! omg,,take no for an answer,,i have been with huges net for several years,,,i wouldnt go back to them if they paid me,,,,unreal!!!!!  they need to teach there employees to except the word no!!!

Hi MikeF, I notice you're replying to old threads. To get better assistance, if you have any concerns you'd like for us to address, please start your own and state in detail what issues you're experiencing and we'll be happy to assist you.

Thanks for your cooperation,

Brooke