Hughesnet Community

HN7700S Modem to replace HN7000s on Pro Plus plan?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Silviron
Sophomore

HN7700S Modem to replace HN7000s on Pro Plus plan?

OK, I FINALLY got the modem from the Amazon seller (as discussed in this thread  in the tech section:  Modem constantly resetting  )  (didn't actually ship until two weeks after he sent me the tracking number) 

Unfortunately, it is a 7700 modem instead of a 7000 modem.  From my research, the 7700 modem is pretty much the same as a 7000 , but with an extra  LAN line, and a phone line and a serial port, but will do the basic stuff that my 7000 does, and is compatible with my other equipment.

But I found  an old discussion on an OFF- Hughesnet Forum that said that Hughes will not commission the HN7700S modem on anything but a Business account..  I think my old Pro Plus account is kind of half way between a Home account and a Business account.  While  my 7000 modem is working now, I'd sure like to have this 7700 modem for a backup since Hughes doesn't  have any replacement units for my system at all, and I'd rather not  go through the hassle of returning it to the Amazon seller or give  bad feedback for false advertising...... 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks, Gabe to both things.

Will Do..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Silviron 

I think you'd probably be better off asking if the HN7700S modem will work for you in Tech Support.  Visibility wise.  

From what I've seen you won't be able to use it, but you never know.  

If it doesn't work out, contact me through PM (the little envelope on the upper right of the page) after the new year and I'll send you this one.  I'm thinking now that, rather than the techs reusing it, I took the base off in order to make it better fit on a shelf, but I haven't been able to find it.  Still, again, the base on your HN7000S would fit it.  There's a little clip on the bottom that holds it in place.  

Thanks, Gabe to both things.

Will Do..