21.2.4 walled garden

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ehpurefoy
Freshman

21.2.4 walled garden

I have had hn service for a couple years. 2-3 days ago I couldn’t access the internet. When I attempt to go online the browser displays a message that I must go to systemcontrolcenter.com to activate. When I go there, of course, there is nothing to activate. It does display the code 21.2.4 and says I am in walled garden mode.

I have no phone and very spotty cell service at my house. I tried twice to resolve this through the support chat function. Both times my cell service cut off. I tried again today when I got into town and was told I need to call in to re register. I cannot place a call from my house/near the modem. I am hoping someone here has a solution!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If that does not work, navigate to systemcontrolcenter.com -> click the gray icon with the letter 'i' in it. 

On the left hand menu, click the very last option "Installation". -> click "Install"

Here, there may be a list of items in the middle of the screen. The first time should say "Ranging Successful" and the next may say "Activate Service" or something similar. If it does, try performing the activation from that page, which should be similar to the initial steps provided. 

If it does not appear, click on the blue "Re-Register" on the top left of of the page. Allow the process to run. As each step is completed automatically, a green check mark will appear on the left of that step. 

If all of the above continues to fail, we will need to send a technician on site. 

-Jay

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Jay

Hello Ehpurefoy!

We appreciate you reaching out to us here in the HughesNet Community. Please see my private message to verify your account information.

-Jay

Jay

Ehpurefoy,

Thank you for verifying the account. When you go to systemcontrolcenter.com, you don't see any option in the left hand menu that says "Terminal Activation" or "Service Activation"?

-Jay

No 😞 options for connectivity test, that sort of thing, but nothing that says activate

Ehpurefoy, 

Are you able to access welcome.hughesnet.com and follow the directions there?

-Jay

I will try when I’m back home. If it doesn’t work, and since I won’t have cell service, is there something else I can try?

If that does not work, navigate to systemcontrolcenter.com -> click the gray icon with the letter 'i' in it. 

On the left hand menu, click the very last option "Installation". -> click "Install"

Here, there may be a list of items in the middle of the screen. The first time should say "Ranging Successful" and the next may say "Activate Service" or something similar. If it does, try performing the activation from that page, which should be similar to the initial steps provided. 

If it does not appear, click on the blue "Re-Register" on the top left of of the page. Allow the process to run. As each step is completed automatically, a green check mark will appear on the left of that step. 

If all of the above continues to fail, we will need to send a technician on site. 

-Jay

The re-register trick worked!!! Took a few minutes after but I am proudly sending you this message from my home internet. Thank you so much for your time and patience!!

Awesome! We're happy to hear it worked out and that the service is back up and running.

If you ever have any additional questions or concerns, we're always happy to help.

-Jay