Hughesnet Community

A communications company that can't communicate.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlantz
Junior

A communications company that can't communicate.

I feel this needs to be said.... 

Hughes is being beat up, because they do not do what their company is in business to do.. COMMUNICATE.

There are MANY of us on GEN5 that have had noting but problems since we switched from 4. Many of us all suffer from evening slow downs and disconnections. Hughes knows there is a problem, but is very poor at communicating that.

They have a call center, but it's not in the US. The people they hire to answer the phone have no ability to help the customer. They can not COMMUNICATE with us, both because of some language barriers, and because their hands are tied and they know it, and they seem as frustraded as us customers.

Our other option is this "community". That's a loose term, because mostly, it's a bunch of upset customers paying for a shoddy service seeking this as a last option of COMMUNICATION. I just can't get over a company asking their custttomers help another customer, especially when most customers have no clue how any of this works... 

What we get here, is a bunch of wanna be techs, wasting their time trying to help a company that could care less about COMMUNICATING with their customers. If Hughes cared, there would be more than 2 or 3 company reps who can actually help, considering how many are here complaining.

I have to laugh that Hughes is talking about awards....  The only award I can see giving hughes is the "Lack of Communications" award.. 

Shame on Hughes! 

Can you understanad now why we don't believe a thing we've been told, and why we buck working with Hughes so hard? Hufghes doesn't want to work with us.

We're sick of the run-around!

I never call tech support, because it's the biggest joke I've ever dealt with, and being in the IT industry, and a few other support heavy industries, I've had to deal with a LOT of spport lines Hughes is the most dismal I've ever tried to use.

How can a communications company be so tone deaf?!?!?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Amanda

I will be locking this thread, please read my reply to another user.

Please follow the link provided to review the community guidelines before you post again.

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/About-the-Community/Community-Terms-of-Service/td-p/73098

Thank you,

Amanda

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@jlantz wrote:

What we get here, is a bunch of wanna be techs, wasting their time trying to help a company that could care less about COMMUNICATING with their customers. If Hughes cared, there would be more than 2 or 3 company reps who can actually help, considering how many are here complaining.

Great way to burn your bridges with everyone but the company reps.  

Nothing like insulting people who may be able to help you with future issues that don't require the official reps' help.  This is one "wanna be tech" who won't bother, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.   

Here's the deal @GabeU

To see you tell people because they filed a BB complaint they just put their selves out of any assistance for 30 days is a really bad thing to do... I"m wondering how a State ATTY General would feel about that?

WHAT  A freakin JOKE.. Typing or mentioning the BB. iS NOT ALLOWED HERE..  This place is giving me all kinds of fodder....  and I don't deal with the BB... that's amature hour...  Geez.. .can't say Atty either...  WOW!!! Talk about a messed up company!!!

I worked in the IT industry as a Sys Admin for long time. I do not need this community to solve any problems that can be solved on my end. I can promise you I've forgotten more than you've probably learned here... 

It is LUDICROUS for a company like Hughes to ask their customers to help other customers while they leave their customers hanging and do not provide any assistance for them... 

You name me one public utility that does that... 

The ONLY reason I am here is because Hughes does not have a single person at a single phone number that can or will help any of us experiencing  these outages and slow downs in the evening.

I am paying STUPID money for a service that does not work, and is not even close to what was promised. I have a reason to be upset, and I'm not in the mood to deal with someone who has no ability to fix this situation.

Hughes need to be UPFRONT with us, as paying customers, and address these issues.

Hughes is on the verge of fraud with all the bogus advertising they are doing, and nothing is as advertised... 

You really don't want to step off into this mess with me...  

I want HUGHES TO COMMUNICATE...  

Where I live, I have no cell service, no wifi service, no DSL service, all I have for Internet is Hughes, They are messing with my life, and  my means to communicate, and I'm NOT happy!

At this point with me, you are about to become a liablity to Hughes.. 

bare65
Advanced Tutor

@jlantz

your tantrums are getting OLD and like I mentioned in your other post...if I were HughesNet, I would ignore you too!

move on already...

Amanda

I will be locking this thread, please read my reply to another user.

Please follow the link provided to review the community guidelines before you post again.

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/About-the-Community/Community-Terms-of-Service/td-p/73098

Thank you,

Amanda