Box

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bhoelzel
New Poster

Box

Over the past several weeks our internet keeps going out. When it does only the bottom and top light on the box are lit up. I can’t find our SAN number. How can I get this resolved. 

4 REPLIES 4
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

A rep should reply soon. They may be able to locate your account from your community sign on, but if not, they'll ask for some personal information from you to be sent via private message, for which they'll provide a link. 

For reference, please don't post your SAN in public. 

Damian

Bhoelzel,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear you have been experiencing this.  I was unable to locate you in the system. Please private message me the phone number associated with your account so I can locate you in the system. Please click this link https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/76644 -Damian

Damian

Bhoelzel,

Thank you for providing me that info. I was able to locate the account. After running remote diagnostics, it appears the equipment is fully operational, however, the account is in FAP (Fair Access Policy) state due to exceeding the monthly data limit. I also see that you have an external router plugged into the Hughesnet modem router. I recommend trying to access the internet service without your external router to test connection. If it works, then your external router needs to be power cycled and reset by unplugging and plugging it back in. Let me know if things work after this. -Damian  

Damian

@Bhoelzel,

I also wanted to add the weather in your area appears to be very cloudy which can block the line of sight of the dish resulting in disconnections and intermittent service or no service at times. If service improves once the sky is clearer, this was the actual cause.  -Damian