Callers voice on other end of call is garbled

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JustaMinute
New Poster

Callers voice on other end of call is garbled

Similar problem to others - Issue happens whether I call someone or receive a call.

In all cases, I can be clearly heard (I ask) but I get varying levels of digital artifacts that get to the point of being completely unintelligible.

Problem has been off ond on for at least a month, and lately was getting worse.

I opened a trouble ticket, asked to just use a corded phone rahter than wireless with an answering machine.

After 24 hours - No difference at all.

Called back - Voice support was very nice - sent some commands to modem, checked my cable connections, had me shut down ./ restart...

Same problem - Callers hear me fine, I occasionally get a clear spot for a few words and then garbled again.

Not often, I get a clear call if it's very short in duration.  

The issue seems to be the same as last year when it took several months to get a software patch installed for a permanent fix.

I found on the forum that a temp patch could be requested, and it worked for a short time, but had to be redone at frequent intervals.

The issue has cropped up in perfect blue sky weather, day or night, warm or cold. 

I kinda doubt it's environmental.  It isn't the same wireless answering machine and phones that have been working fine, and sometimes do work fine, and I've proved that because the same issue happens with a corded phone.

The last time the problem was caused by an installed software upgrade that was a clear failure.

It sounds like the same thing happened again.

Is there a work around to this problem?  It doesn't seem to be isolated.

I've opened two different tickets

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello,

I've reached out to you, IQneQ4U in a private message. In order to keep our community organized, I'll be closing this thread to replies. 

JustaMinute - if you encounter the voice issues again please feel free to create a new thread and tag me on it so I can assist you.

Thank you

Amanda

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Amanda

Hi JustaMinute,

Thank you for letting us know you are also experiencing this issue. It does not seem to me a coincidence that a few of these have popped up in a short amount of time. I will go ahead and review your account diagnostics for any issues first, then escalate if needed. I will keep you updated.

Thanks,

Amanda

Hi Amanda,

I'm not sure what you did, but shortly after your reply my phone issue cleared up.

It has been great with no problems for the last two days.

Thanks for your help.

Hi JustaMinute,

Interesting! You are the first person to return back with any updates, so this is helpful. I sent some cases up to our engineers this morning, so let me check in with them and see if there is anything knew to learn.

Thanks,

Amanda

IQnEQ4U
New Poster

I just found out about this Community after completing a Hughesnet Voice Survey:

APOLOGIES in Advance if this Seems Harsh, but this is my Experience with the Service:

Since July 2017, when I obtained this service, over 95% of the time that I try to make or accept a call, a Cornucopia of the Following Happens: 1) Call drops 2) Every third syllable is not heard 3) I sound like I am under water 4) the opposite end sounds like they are underwater 4) I sound like a robot 5) I sound like Bela Lugosi in a Monster Movie.

As a result, I am paying for a service that I only use as a LAST rather than First Resort, as My Cell Service is extremely spotty due to the Mountain ranges. I bought your service ONLY because of this and to talk to my Brother in Canada, which my cell service cannot. I AM ANGERED WHEN YOUR REPS TELL ME THAT I HAVEN'T CALLED TO COMPLAIN FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS AS I RARELY USE THIS LINE DUE TO POOR SERVICE (I ALWAYS SEE IF THERE ARE BARS ON MY CELL FIRST). I ALSO REFUSE to CALL EVERY TIME THIS HAPPENS as I Have Better things to do believe it or not.. Hughesnet Advanced Tech Support  conducted an Investigation MONTHS AGO, concluding that YOUR SATELLITE WAS ILL-POSITIONED and that I AM NOT THE ONLY PERSON suffering as a result. Apparently you have NOT yet rectified the positioning and WE ARE ALL  suffering as a result of this. At the end of my Contract, I will be seeking a replacement service if this is not rectified in short order. Why have I not yet requested a Cancellation ? Our Mother died recently and I do need to try to reach out to my Brother in Canada from time to time and Pray he can hear every third word.. I also am in poor health and may need to reach 911. 

I have opened OVER 10 Tickets in a seven month period since Installation. There would be MORE Tickets if I had the time to spend 1/2 to 1 Hour EVERY SINGLE TIME there is an Issue. On Occasion I have requested and received a partial credit, for which I am grateful.

I am NO LONGER Interested in Unplugging, Rebooting, New Signals being Sent etc as this does NOTHING.

WHY ?

I REPEAT for ALL FELLOW CUSTOMERS Uselessly Booting, Rebooting, Unplugging, being sent to Buy New Phones/Equipment Etc:

It is MOST of the Time NOT YOU !!!

The Issue has been finally verified MONTHS AGO by Hughesnet Tech Support Engineers as to NOT BEING OUR EQUIPMENT, but rather IMPROPER SATELLITE PLACEMENT  !!!!!!

Amanda (The Current Moderator) I am NOT in any way trying to make your hair Fall Out !!!I   😞

I Thank You In Advance For NOT EDITING/Deleting My Comments. They are a TRUE and Accurate Representation of My Experience Thusfar.

Have a Blessed Day Everyone !

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@IQnEQ4U

Um, I'm not sure where you got your information, but the satellite is not "ill positioned," nor is there "improper satellite placement."  The satellite is positioned exactly where it's supposed to be, as is its orientation.  If the satellite was not exactly where it's supposed to be and oriented in the way it is there would be monumentally more issues than a certain number of voice customers having problems. 

Geostationary satellites have the ability to reorient themselves.   

Hmmmmm.....Thanks GabeU, My Voice Service may not work, but my Hearing does...The "Improperly Positioned Satellite" Diagnosis came from a Lengthy Internal Investigation from the Hughesnet Advanced Tech Support Engineers and Department and was Reverified Months later..

So apparently you are indicating that they do not know what they are talking about and I am to trust Nothing that is Communicated to me by Hughesnet ?

Good to know !

Thanks for saving me the Time and Aggravation, but not the Voice Service I expected !

Moderator, Does this not appear in My File under my Various and Sundry Tickets or was this merely a "Binky" to Pacify, Deflect and Allay and Not Address/Resolve Eight Months of Concerns ?

At this Point, I Guess a More Reasonable, Pragmatic and Entirely Rational Solution would Obviously be to ask Elon to rocket me up in the Next Tesla armed with my toolbelt and a pair of Needle-Nosed Pliers and Rely on My Own Consumer Research ?   🙂

Obviously the "Logical" next step.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@IQnEQ4U

I'm only indicating that the information you were allegedly given about the ES19 is incorrect.  The ES19 satellite is right where it's supposed to be, and its orientation is correct.  Again, were it not, there would be numerous problem with the ES19 system, ranging from significant to complete.  

Hello,

I've reached out to you, IQneQ4U in a private message. In order to keep our community organized, I'll be closing this thread to replies. 

JustaMinute - if you encounter the voice issues again please feel free to create a new thread and tag me on it so I can assist you.

Thank you

Amanda

@IQnEQ4U - that is ok, I can afford to lose a few strands 🙂 It sounds like there is some misinformation as Gabe mentioned,  because our satellite is in its correct orbital slot and it would probably take a very long, expensive process to fix. However I do see there is a ticket that was related to your issue opened in our operations center which had been pending, so I will reach out to our engineers to see what information they can provide on your issue. I will most likely send you a private message so we don't clutter JustaMinute's thread.

~Amanda

Thank You Amanda !