Can not log in to email via Windows Live Mail Win7

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WayneFC
New Poster

Can not log in to email via Windows Live Mail Win7

Once in awhile it happens but usually clears up in a few hours.  This time it's been almost 20 hours (since yesterday afternoon).  Received emails fine in the morning and now it keeps sayings:

Unable to send or receive messages for the Hughes (****name***) account.  Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems.

Server Response: LOGIN failed
Server: 'mail.hughes.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: IMAPPort: 993
Secure(SSL): Yes

Same with wife's computer and she is connected to the POP3 server.  

Neither comp gets past user and password.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Hello!

Our engineers have made a change to address this, please confirm if you're able to access e-mail again. I've received one confirmation so far from another customer who posted here in the community.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I hope you and all the others that have posted about the issue get an answer today, but you may want to seriously consider switching to a Web based email account -- it's very likely HughesNet will, in the near future, follow other ISPs in doing away with email services.

Hello maratsade,

Could you explain this a little bit more?  I don't know what you mean by web based email account.  Do you mean getting rid of HughesNet email completely?

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I mean using Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Proton Mail, or others. You would get rid of HughesNet email completely.  Web based email accounts have the advantage that they're not ISP-dependent. You can access them anywhere, even if you no longer have HughesNet.  ISPs are getting rid of their email account offerings, and it's likely that HughesNet will too, sooner or later. It might be a good idea to make the switch now and not wait until they announce it. 

@hooterville wrote:

Hello maratsade,

Could you explain this a little bit more?  I don't know what you mean by web based email account.  Do you mean getting rid of HughesNet email completely?

smokeyjo
New Poster

having the same problem with outlook and Thunderbird not connecting since yesterday, it was okay yesterday morning then around 12 noon est, it stopped working.  contacted hughesNet by chat and was disconnected by customer service agents three times without them giving an answer on what was going on and when would it be fixed.  

FTD

Tech Support just shared with me that email is down for a subset of users and Hughes is working on it.  Would be nice if they would let users know via a post about email services on their website.

Hi folks, 

Thank you all for posting about your e-mail concerns. Our engineers have confirmed that they are investigating this. I have no other details on the matter, but once I have an update, I'll let you know. Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz

Hello!

Our engineers have made a change to address this, please confirm if you're able to access e-mail again. I've received one confirmation so far from another customer who posted here in the community.

Thanks,

Liz

Outlook, Thunderbird and gmail all receiving emails from hughes.net now.  thanks

WayneFC
New Poster

Windows Live Mail is up and running again.  Thank you.

Happy to hear, Wayne. Thank you!

-Liz

Thanks for the update smokeyjo! Glad to hear it!

-Liz