Can’t find Video Data Saver option

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DougB415
Freshman

Can’t find Video Data Saver option

We just signed up for HughesNet, so far so good. However, I cannot find any place where I can turn Video Data Service on or off. I’m using an iPad and downloaded the Mobile app; the VDS option is not there. It’s not in the Support Center either (I’m using Safari), and there is no Usage Meter app for IOS.

How can I turn VDS on and off?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@DougB415 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. When I go to My Account, my options are “Account Information”, “My Bill”, “Usage”, “Profile” and “Notifications”. When I go to the Mobile app and click on “Settings”, my options are “Notifications” and “Sign In Options”.  Nothing for VDS.

Doug, log in again and you will then see the "settings" option.  Same thing happened to me.  I thought I was logged in..... and did not see the setting.  The Hughes site seems to not keep you logged in for long so even when it seems you are logged in... you are not.  So log-in.... then select My Account and you will see the "settings".

TJ

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@DougB415

If you sign into the HughesNet MyAccount site and click on the Settings tab, you should see the Video Data Saver settings there.  

Also, though I don't have an Apple product, the mobile app should have the Video Data Saver settings.  If you tap on the three lines on the upper left, then tap on Settings, the "Video Settings" should be there.  

Thanks for the reply. When I go to My Account, my options are “Account Information”, “My Bill”, “Usage”, “Profile” and “Notifications”. When I go to the Mobile app and click on “Settings”, my options are “Notifications” and “Sign In Options”.  Nothing for VDS.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@DougB415

That's odd.  I'll tag the reps so that they can take a look at what might be going on.  They're on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, though it may take them a day or two to reply.  They should be able to get this straightened out.  🙂 

@Liz

@Amanda

@DougB415 wrote:

Doug, log in again and you will then see the "settings" option.  Same thing happened to me.  I thought I was logged in..... and did not see the setting.  The Hughes site seems to not keep you logged in for long so even when it seems you are logged in... you are not.  So log-in.... then select My Account and you will see the "settings".

TJ

On the iOS app, the Video Settings are indeed in the menu.

If you tap the 3 horizontal bars in the upper left, choose Settings, the Video Settings are the middle option.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

I sometimes forget the Cardinal Rule of tech support troubleshooting - “Did you try rebooting?” I restarted my iPad and BOOM! Success! I can’t figure out why the VDS option wasn’t there and HugheNet showed me as being logged in, but hey, the option is there now so I’m happy!

BTW, the installers did an excellent job; they hid the dish behind one of our buildings so that you have to look hard to find it. We’re also getting speeds of 24-51 Mbps. I’m assuming that the system is doing some behind the scenes updating, because some of our bonus days was used. 

Short version - it’s working now! Thanks for the help, guys!