Canceled service due to RE: Buffering Slow Internet and E-mail times out

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kf4ipc
Sophomore

Canceled service due to RE: Buffering Slow Internet and E-mail times out

Called today to cancel my service, had to go through a bunch of tests again and after 2 hours figured out it is a latency problem but there is nothing that can be done about it. HughesNet said my latency was 500ms but when I checked my latency to North Platte, NE and back it averaged around 1686ms since December and it takes between 30 and 60 seconds to load a website but I still had to pay the termination fee which I don't think I should of had to pay since this has been an on going problem from the first month it was installed and HughesNet can't fix it. I guess I'll just have to go into town and download my e-mail on my way to and from work if I can't get my DSL back. This has been a very bad and expensive learning experience with HughesNet. I even went out and bought a new desktop and Cat 7 Ethernet cable because Tech support told me my computer was slow because it was old and I still have the same problem I had with the old computer and I still don't have working Internet. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Hi kf4ipc,

Thank you for taking the time to post and share these details. I pulled up your account to investigate and have sent you a private message addressing your concerns. Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page to check your messages.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Liz

Hi kf4ipc,

Thank you for taking the time to post and share these details. I pulled up your account to investigate and have sent you a private message addressing your concerns. Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page to check your messages.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!