Hughesnet Community

Cannot connect to 'Upgraded to Gen5 and speeds are still extremely slow at times'

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lakeland4
Junior

Cannot connect to 'Upgraded to Gen5 and speeds are still extremely slow at times'

Since 6/2/2022 I have been attempting to respond to Liz’s 6/1/2022 post on ‘Upgraded to Gen5 and speeds are still extremely slow at times’ to no avail. Nothing happens when I select the ‘Load more replies’ button at the bottom of the first page. I was able reach the 6/1/2022 post by selecting ‘Liz and 3 others replied to topic’ under ‘Notifications’ but when selecting ‘Reply’ I am sent back to the beginning of this topic. Any help you could provide would be extremely appreciated. lakeland4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@lakeland4 

In addition to what Liz suggested, I'd check any extensions you have installed in Chrome.  I've had extensions cause problems on here before.  In my case it was the ad blocker I was using at the time, but it could happen with any extension, theoretically.  

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Liz

Hi lakeland4,

Thanks for letting me know. This is the link to your thread: https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Upgraded-to-Gen5-and-speeds-are-still-extremely-slow...

If you click on the reply button as above, the reply field should appear just below like this:

Does that work for you?

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

GabeU

@lakeland4 

Just in case it might help, the following link should take you directly to her 6/1 reply...

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Upgraded-to-Gen5-and-speeds-are-still-extremely-slow...

I was not able to reply earlier due to the same thing happening with this topic as what happened previously, as described in my initial post, even after attempting both of your suggestions. It finally dawned on me to try accessing the Community using Firefox instead of Chrome and I am now able to post replies!  I had been using Chrome since January with no issues until the end of May.  No idea what could have changed, but I will definitely keep using Firefox.

FYI: I know there is not much you can do from your end, but below is a screen shot of a portion of the 1/10/2022 post using Chrome that is roughly in the same location as shown in your previous post. The dotted buffering circles shown below never stop spinning. 

lakeland4_0-1655921289460.png

Any help you could supply would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the screenshot, lakeland4. I'm glad you're at least able to use the community via Firefox. I'd double-check if the Chrome browser is up-to date; you can do so by clicking the 3 dots in the top right corner of the browser, then navigating to Help then About Google Chrome. After clicking on About Google Chrome from the menu, Chrome will automatically check for and apply any updates.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

GabeU

@lakeland4 

In addition to what Liz suggested, I'd check any extensions you have installed in Chrome.  I've had extensions cause problems on here before.  In my case it was the ad blocker I was using at the time, but it could happen with any extension, theoretically.  

Thanks to both of you for your input.  I updated Chrome with no change, but when I took GabeU’s suggestion and checked my extensions I found the problem! Turns out it was Adblock Plus.  When I turned off blocking ads on the Community website I was able to reply to posts using Chrome. 

I searched the AdBlock Plus release schedule and found the current version 3.14 was released on May 27, and the end of May was when I first noticed this problem. After many years this is the first time I have had any issues with Adblock Plus.

Thanks again for your help.