Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bare65
Advanced Tutor

DNS Acceleration[N] ERROR - Slow, Unresponsive Internet Most Times

@Damian

Good Morning Damian,

You have always been very quick to get back to me and help me out so I'm hoping you can help me again with this current connectivity issue I am experiencing.

This past week I've been having noticeable connectivity issues with is causing both very slow, and/or unresponsive internet website loading / streaming behavior. According to the diagnostics (via my System Control Center) the issue appears to be a continuous DNS Acceleration[N] ERROR. (Please see screenshots below)

data.pngdns.pnghughes 111.png

Being a long-time customer (15+ years), I took the liberty of also uploading a screen shot of my current usage as it is 5:03 (pst) am at this very moment which means I am NOT currently throttled. (I still have 23G bonus usage) so I shouldn't be experiencing any connectivity issues. I know this is usually the first thing people 'assume' whenever 'slow, unresponsive' speeds come up as a topic so I figured I would get that out of the way so we can move quickly to resolving whatever the issue actually is.

Back to this DNS Acceleration[N] ERROR, as you can see from the screen shots this is ongoing. I have reset (soft reboot) the modem several times from the system control center, and this morning was the 2nd time doing the hard reboot (unplugging from the brick) in the past 4 days. Nothing I do on my end seems to help. 

I would really appreciate it if you could look into this issue that I'm having so I can get back to enjoying my HughesNet service.

Many thanks..

87 REPLIES 87
bare65
Advanced Tutor

@Damian or any moderator?

It's been over 12 hrs since I first posted and I'm still experiencing this same DSN error. I've attempted several 'power cycles' (unplugging from the brick) as well as soft reboots, manually, from the system control center, none of which is helping to resolve the issue. 

Please help...

Damian

@bare65

Thank you for reaching out to us again and I am sorry to hear this. I no longer have access to the remote tool that would allow me to fix this specific issue for you. This means you will actually need to have the case escalated this time. I apologize for the inconvenience.  -Damian 

bare65
Advanced Tutor

@Damian 

Case Escalated? What exactly does that mean and/or involve? Do you know long are we looking at for a fix?

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I'm sure Damian will tell you, but I think it may involve your calling the 800 number.  Also, please note the reps aren't here 24/7 and some time may pass before they can reply to you.

@bare65

It only requires you to call 1-866-347-3292. They will run you through basic troubleshooting steps even though they may seem a bit redundant. It is a necessary first step as escalating your case requires this information. Our advanced technical support will then investigate the issue and fix the problem. As far as a timeline, this varies depending on the issue.  -Damian   

bare65
Advanced Tutor

I sure do hope that's NOT what it means..

I have no cell service out here where I live (and no land line) so trying to 'escalate' / resolve this issue over the phone via the 800 # with an associate, especially without being in front on my computer or modem at that same time, would simply not be feasible. This is the main reason why, over the past 15 or so years, I have used this community to reach out to the moderators to resolve any issues/interruptions I may be experiencing with my service.

With the service as it is now and this ongoing DSN issue, I very much doubt I could jump on a 'chat' option without being disconnected frequently. 

I can only hope there are other options available to me....

bare65 

I see. I can try my best to see if we can escalate the case internally for you. Please allow some time for me to get a response. -Damian 

bare65
Advanced Tutor

'm on the phone with Hughesnet right now using my husband's office Voip phone and OMG....the Hughesnet rep has totally screwed up what's left of my service...and now I can't even access my wifi settings....

bare65
Advanced Tutor

This guy has NO CLUE what the **bleep** he is doing!!!!!

bare65
Advanced Tutor

I have now completely lost the ability to pull up my wifi settings (something that this REP did...) and this guy on the other end of the line is completely incompetent...

I have requested to speak to a supervisor and now I'm on hold.... 

maratsade

I hope Damian can do something from his side of things. It's a shame they've lost the tool that allowed them to deal with this sort of thing directly. 

bare65
Advanced Tutor

This is what I get when I try to access my wifi setting page from the system control panel now....this on top of the DNS issues....

I NEVER had issues accessing my wifi settings prior to speaking with this Hughesnet Rep...

Screenshot_15-2-2024_18736_192.168.42.1.jpeg

this is another reason why I DON'T call the 800#....

bare65
Advanced Tutor

This is CRAZY!!

Still on hold...rep has no clue and just keeps coming back on phone telling me to hold on even longer.

bare65
Advanced Tutor

data2.png

absolutely incredible!!!

bare65
Advanced Tutor

OMG!!!! This rep not only made things worse by screwing up my wifi setting page to where I can no longer access it, but now, I have an UPLINK error with 12.1.9 error codes showing...

and he says the only way to fix this is to pay $150 so he can send a tech out to fix HIS screw up????

ARE YOU SERIOUS?????

I AM BEYOND LIVID!!!!!.....and still on HOLD?????

bare65
Advanced Tutor

Rep just came on the phone to offer me a DISCOUNTED price/fee for this to get fixed and claiming that all the supervisors are with other customers...

I sure as **bleep** hope this call is being recorded!!!

This is outrageous!!!

maratsade

You may want to wait to see if the reps here can do something for you regarding a tech visit. 

bare65
Advanced Tutor

2 hours and one of the worst customer service experiences EVER!!

I finally got a supervisor on the phone who is now sending out a technician to fix...AT NO COST!!!!!! ***drumroll*** this new UPLINK 12.1.9 issue, as well as to look into why I can no longer access my wifi settings, all thanks to the sheer incompetence of the HughesNet rep who initially took my call and started messing around with my settings and sending this, that and the other code to my system control panel.

He told me the courtesy tech appointment will be set for Feb. 23rd 8am-11am 

@Damian if you would be so kind, could you please verify this info for me? I asked him if he could text or email me a confirmation, but he told me he couldn't.

What an ordeal....

bare65
Advanced Tutor

@Damian 

I just now received a text message confirming the appointment, but on the text it says that the company is CM Wireless with a Glendale, AZ phone number??

Is this correct?? 

I live in California.

Just want to make sure a tech isn't being sent here from Glendale, AZ...that's approx. 6 hrs away from my location.

bare65,

I am very sorry to hear you received this type of customer service. Our calls are recorded and will be graded and reviewed for quality assurance. To confirm I do see a new tech appointment scheduled for no charge to you. As far as the originating location of the tech coming out, we contract our technicians through third party companies usually local to the area of the customer. Sometimes this does mean technicians who are in neighboring states. It could also mean the tech is from Arizona and is doing work in California. We have no real control over where the tech comes from. With that being said, I am confident the tech will be able to resolve this and hopefully prevent these issue from happening in the future.