Diagnostic codes question

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fox12
Junior

Diagnostic codes question

Yesterday evening my system was so slow I couldn't load the simplest page. My partner was downloading updates on her computer with a LAN cable at the time and it was really slow too.
Everything is back normal this morning, or as normal as it gets.  Normally the code is 0000-0000-0000-0005.

Last night it was 0000-0001-2800-1287 while it was so slow.

Does that tell us anything?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@fox12 

The code to watch is the State Code, which you can see on this modem page.  This is also the code that the reps use and will need if you're keeping track of what's going on with the modem.  

I have no clue what that or any other diagnostic codes mean.  

View solution in original post

maratsade

"

Does that tell us anything?"

My understanding is these codes are temporary  and of little use.  Like @GabeU said, the code you need is the state code. 

Liz

Good morning fox12,

Just wanted to give you another tool that can help investigate this issue. I'm curious as to how long pages take to load for you when they seem slow. I use Chrome's developer tools to get that timing, I'll show you how to do it.

-Navigate to whichever site is slow loading for you.

-Open developer tools:

Pressing the F12 key on your keyboard should bring up the dev tools console on the right side of the browser like so:

-In this dev tools console on the right, click on the Performance tab on the top, as I've highlighted.

-Then click the little reload icon to refresh the site in question so the dev tools can analyze as the site loads up.

-When complete, you should see a summary of how long the site took to load, like this below with the circle graph:

For me, the community loaded in 3.7 seconds.

If for some reason F12 doesn't bring up the dev tools console, an alternate way is to right-click on the website, then click on "Inspect" on the menu that pops up.

Please let me know if you need additional help with this.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

9 REPLIES 9
GabeU

@fox12 

The code to watch is the State Code, which you can see on this modem page.  This is also the code that the reps use and will need if you're keeping track of what's going on with the modem.  

I have no clue what that or any other diagnostic codes mean.  

maratsade

"

Does that tell us anything?"

My understanding is these codes are temporary  and of little use.  Like @GabeU said, the code you need is the state code. 

Thanks to both of you. I was just curious. I checked the State code too, it was 0.0.0. normal I believe.
Going to have this thing for at least 2 years, want to learn all I can.
Thanks again.

Liz

Good morning fox12,

Just wanted to give you another tool that can help investigate this issue. I'm curious as to how long pages take to load for you when they seem slow. I use Chrome's developer tools to get that timing, I'll show you how to do it.

-Navigate to whichever site is slow loading for you.

-Open developer tools:

Pressing the F12 key on your keyboard should bring up the dev tools console on the right side of the browser like so:

-In this dev tools console on the right, click on the Performance tab on the top, as I've highlighted.

-Then click the little reload icon to refresh the site in question so the dev tools can analyze as the site loads up.

-When complete, you should see a summary of how long the site took to load, like this below with the circle graph:

For me, the community loaded in 3.7 seconds.

If for some reason F12 doesn't bring up the dev tools console, an alternate way is to right-click on the website, then click on "Inspect" on the menu that pops up.

Please let me know if you need additional help with this.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz, you are SOOOOOO cool. I Love it. I will sure try that later. I am on a Mac right now, will try it on my HP later on my next break. Thanks loads.

Liz, that's a great tool. This was yesterday afternoon. The  speed was better than it is sometimes, but I had fun playing with it. Thanks a lot, I know this will come in handy.
It's a very small difference getting to it in Windows Edge, but no problem.
Right click-inspect->>-more tabs-performance.

This community. It's not usually slow, just wanted to compare it to yours.For Liz community download.PNG

Facebook, usually very slow, but  very big. 

For Liz FB.PNG

Wow that's a heck of a difference between the community and Facebook! 

-Liz

LOL, yeah! Heck of a difference in the size too. If I had auto play turned on it would take a lot longer.

Oh my goodness that's terrible, haha, auto-playing media is the worst!