cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mk2
Sophomore

Email system asking for password

Hello all,

Is anybody else having this problem? We have two users on this computer, my spouse and myself. We each have our own email addresses, both on "@hughes.net". I can access my emails, but my spouse is not able to access hers. It keeps asking for her email password. We have entered it about 100 times. We know it is correct as well. When we try to get to her emails directly from Hughes on the Hughesnet home page, we get an error message 403 stating that the password is not recognized. Anybody have any ideas? I know that we should probably look for a new email provider. But we have been using these email addresses for at least 15 years. It would be very difficult to find everybody and change the stored address they have. Thank you.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
MarkJFine
Professor

Pretty sure thart once you get a new email provider, you can set the Hughes email to auto-forward to your new address.

As far as the password situation is concerned, make sure your browser isn't auto-filling your username or password when your wife is attempting to login.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

View solution in original post

Thank you MarkJFine.

We are using the correct usernames and passwords.

In fact, this problem has been solved. We contacted tech support at Hughes. They were able to fix the password on the messed-up email. 

The tech person had it solved in no more than 10 minutes. It was nothing we did. She couldn't explain exactly what happened. Thanks to Hughes Tech support.

Ironically, Hughes support sent an email to the non-accessible email address, telling us to contact tech support for a fix. We never saw their email until

we called and they fixed it. Oh well. We are happy right now.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MarkJFine
Professor

Pretty sure thart once you get a new email provider, you can set the Hughes email to auto-forward to your new address.

As far as the password situation is concerned, make sure your browser isn't auto-filling your username or password when your wife is attempting to login.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Thank you MarkJFine.

We are using the correct usernames and passwords.

In fact, this problem has been solved. We contacted tech support at Hughes. They were able to fix the password on the messed-up email. 

The tech person had it solved in no more than 10 minutes. It was nothing we did. She couldn't explain exactly what happened. Thanks to Hughes Tech support.

Ironically, Hughes support sent an email to the non-accessible email address, telling us to contact tech support for a fix. We never saw their email until

we called and they fixed it. Oh well. We are happy right now.