Hughesnet Community

Extremely slow speeds!! No answers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely slow speeds!! No answers.

So, as being a Hughesnet customer for about 6 months or less, I have had numerous calls to tech support. We have spent so many hours on the phone,to the point we are just fed up. We have hardly ever gotten *advertised speeds* and yes I know..not guranteed..whatever. I am just going to be upfront here before everyone chimes in with there usual messages of this and that. Tech support is a joke first and foremost, let's just be real. I have been sent modems, and told to do this and that, disable this, try that. I pay you to provide me a service, you do not pay me to do your job, or pay me to be your tech support. Like clockwork I pay my bill, but for what, honestly.  On a good day with plenty of data in my regular plan, I get 5-10mps tops, and that's givinlg you guys the credit because it's hardly ever that..EVER. Now, with my bonus minutes..same or worse. Even right now with about 60% left... I am running on 253-526kbs roughly. I honestly don't wanna hear or about what's promised or not, because I have .lconfirmed tests over 150mbs...so I know it's throttled, and I know they can offer well above 25mbs.  We actually have a friend who works for Hughesnet, which I will not convey their identity, who has told me many insightful things, which makes me wish I would have me at signed up for the service. I have testmy results, no problem.  I have spent the past few months documenting these issues with dates and times  and speeds. I have done all the troubleshooting I care to do. At what point does one take responsibilty for their actions and stop saying...Well, it is weather,  or the location where you get your service and blah blah blah. And yes I have had escalated calls returned..A WEEK AFTER THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO CALL BACK. So, don t advertise or have your sales rep tell customers that you will get 25mos almost all the time, and when it runs out roughly 3mbs and that it is enough to still stream because Netflix and Hulu only require 1mbs to stream low quality, and your web activities will still function properly, because that is false...FALSE. I can honestly say, I have held back long enough. What your ads, TV commercials, and cpsales reps should tell you is this, Pay us for internet with speeds of, we dunno..but it Wil work most likely. We cannot tell you how well it'll work, but you can pay us and if it doesn't work..We will just give you these things called Tokens, because we don't really care to add free data, because you pay for it anyways. We can only tell you what our on screen script tells us to say, and we gotta stick to the script.  Test results don't lie, advertising does. You get way more data, better service and support from cable.  I just wanna know when I have to quit paying for service I am not getting, and when Hughesnet is going to pay me for all the tech support I have done, troubleshooting and hours wasted on the phone? I mean, you guys  have it like the IRS. And again, I know the few regulars on here are gonna chime in with...Yeah but, or did you do this..or you're not promised this or that..but I was per my sales call. I want resolutions for my issues, or I want to be done altogether with my service. And I don't need contract referrals either.  Mods?!?!?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Awe buddy, you didn't. I didn't say anything to you bud, just referring to GabeU comments, as i didn't know it logged me out of testmy. Buuuut...my good friend Javier, at tech support seems to have resolved my problem. Man, he was very thorough,  patient....And extremely helpful. After him running tests on his end and seeing horrible speeds, and seeing we had replaced the modem. He had me do a few basic things and no avail.  Then hard reset with both buttons until the modem cycled.....Boom. high speeds again. So I need to go ahead and close this thread.

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@robinloraditch 

Please run all future speed tests while signed into an account that you've created at testmy.net and then post the URL to your testmy.net results page instead of running individual tests and posting pictures of the results.  The reps need to be able to view all of your test results at testmy.net on your results page.  This will allow them to spot any patterns as well as see the aspects of individual tests, which they need to be able to do..  

The full instructions for the testing procedure is here.

I am signed in, and I am fully aware of how to do that. I am merely stating my issues so that I can get some resolution, but thank you 

maratsade

If you could post the URL to your results page, that'd speed things along, Robin. 

robinloraditch wrote:

I am signed in, and I am fully aware of how to do that. I am merely stating my issues so that I can get some resolution, but thank you 

GabeU

@robinloraditch wrote:

The pictures you've provided don't reflect that, as they don't show a name where the User line is.  But, if that's the case, please provide your testmy.net results page URL, as the reps will need that link to view your tests.  To do so, click on "My Results" while signed into testmy.net, copy the URL, then paste it into a reply here.  

I understand you're trying to get some resolution.  I'm trying to help you to do that.

I apologize, when i disconnected my modem and reset my tablet, it logged me out. 

maratsade

Thankfully, Testmy.net keeps your results, so whenever you log in again, you can get the URL again. 🙂

robinloraditch wrote:

I apologize, when i disconnected my modem and reset my tablet, it logged me out. 

@robinloraditch wrote:

For now I think it would be best if I left this thread. I did not mean to hijack your chance to recieve help.

Good luck to you.

Reggie

Awe buddy, you didn't. I didn't say anything to you bud, just referring to GabeU comments, as i didn't know it logged me out of testmy. Buuuut...my good friend Javier, at tech support seems to have resolved my problem. Man, he was very thorough,  patient....And extremely helpful. After him running tests on his end and seeing horrible speeds, and seeing we had replaced the modem. He had me do a few basic things and no avail.  Then hard reset with both buttons until the modem cycled.....Boom. high speeds again. So I need to go ahead and close this thread.

We have had to buy landline in order to make & receive calls. We cannot watch Netflix since programs buffer every 2 minutes & forget about a Hulu ur Prime’s, which we are paying for. We would quit Hughes but do not have any other choice due to where we live
maratsade

Currently streaming is deprioritised, so it may not work well for most people, if at all.  Since you can't leave the service, have you considered asking for specific help for your issues here?   You'd have to create a new post under Tech Support.  

We have had to buy landline in order to make & receive calls. We cannot watch Netflix since programs buffer every 2 minutes & forget about a Hulu ur Prime’s, which we are paying for. We would quit Hughes but do not have any other choice due to where we live

Screenshot_20200311-164435.jpg

I know my internet is reduced for a few more days, but it is nowhere near the 1-3mb as advertisedI know my internet is reduced for a few more days, but it is nowhere near the 1-3mb as advertised

This test was just done a few minutes ago

maratsade

This site IS run by HughesNet, but it is a peer to peer site, just like similar sites by Verizon, DirecTV, Apple, Microsoft, Viasat, Xfinity, etc., are run by their respective companies but are primarily peer to peer. 

It is quite silly that you use a system label (in this case, Professor) as an insult, but your attitude is not surprising, as you have exhibited your mean spiritedness often.  It's just silly and childish.  

Instead of constantly undermining the work some of us do here, why don't you join us? Why don't you provide any help whatsoever? It seems your only job here is to undermine and criticise. 

Additionally, since this is a tech support peer-to-peer site and not a rant site, it is in no way incorrect to let people know that they're in the wrong place for what they want to do.

Reggie wrote:

This is only my opinion. Tech support should be handled by the MODS not others, who think they know everything. 

If this site was run by HN, not the "Professors" there would be less problems. JMHO