Hughesnet Community

False data usage?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kene

False data usage?

I had a new roof installed on my house in June.  I removed my Hughenet dish before the roof was installed and haven't had the chance to reinstall it.  It's now August 20th.  It's inside my garage and has been not hooked up for the last 2 months.  I just checked my Hughesnet data usage and it shows I've used 1.3 GB of data during the current data cycle which started roughly 3 weeks ago.  (I still have 7 more days remaining in this data cycle)  How could I have used 1.3 GB of data when the dish was unhooked and not in use?  The false data usage was shown as plan data, not bonus data.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

The data cycle update is dependent on the modem's connection to HughesNet's servers. Since the dish is down, it can't do that. Until that happens, your data will perpetually show what it was at the time the connection was lost. Once reinstalled and the modem reestablishes connection, the data cycle will update to current.

Edit: Oops. I missed that Mark had already replied.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MarkJFine
Professor

Your assumption that it's for the current data cycle is what's false. It hasn't updated since you disabled it, so it's telling you that you used 1.3GB at that time.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

The data cycle update is dependent on the modem's connection to HughesNet's servers. Since the dish is down, it can't do that. Until that happens, your data will perpetually show what it was at the time the connection was lost. Once reinstalled and the modem reestablishes connection, the data cycle will update to current.

Edit: Oops. I missed that Mark had already replied.