Frequent Disconnects

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChaCha
Sophomore

Frequent Disconnects

I almost hate to post this since my internet speeds have improved immensely from less than 1 to 17Mbs most of the time.  Hate to jinx it.

Ever since the improvement in performance, I have been getting disconnected shortly after rebooting my pc and opening a web browser or email.  I would estimate that this happens 80% of the time. After I reconnect, it will happen again about 50% of the time, this can occur immediately or within 10 minutes.

Is there some setting that I can check and modify?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Hi ChaCha,

Haven't heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@ChaCha

Is this happening with a LAN connection or WiFi, or both?  

Can you post a screenshot of the following page?  http://192.168.0.1/limited.html#!/state_code/state_code_monitor

Remember to edit your SAN out of the picture.  If you don't know how to post the picture or edit your SAN out of it, you can just list the State Codes that you see.  Also, if you've just started your modem or have recently power cycled it and the issue hasn't happened, please wait until it does to get the screenshot of the page, as unplugging or power cycling the modem clears the state codes.  

Liz

Hi ChaCha,

Haven't heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!