Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rino744043
New Poster

Fresh install no connection 2 hrs after tech left

Technician was here at 10 am

Installation went great.

I commented to tech that modem felt really hot.

I've had to unplug modem twice due to overheating. Even after putting a fan blowing on it.

So it's now 9pm I have no connection keeps failing registration.  22.3.24 move not allowed. They want to charge me shipping for a device I've only had for 8hrs. Not inspiring alot of confidence.

4 REPLIES 4
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Give the HN reps on this site a chance to see your post and respond to it.  They have more authority than the phone reps, and are always very willing to help. Hang in there. 

Damian

@Rino744043

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear this. Please private message me the phone number associated with your account so I can locate you in the system. You can send me a private message by clicking this link https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/76644 .

I wanted to let you know in the event we send out a new modem, it is normal for connection to be somewhat intermittent during the first 24 hours after installation and modem hook up. It is usually less time than this but can last this long as the modem is downloading firmware and various updates. Leaving it plugged in is very important. The state code you provided normally happens when registration or a firmware update was interrupted by being powdered down or unplugged from the IFL cable. I know in this case you said the modem overheated so you unplugged it which makes sense. These modems can run pretty hot but were there any other indications of overheating besides being hot to the touch? Did you observe any lights blinking or illumination before you unplugged it?   -Damian  

There was a warning on sysconctr site 

And red power indicator  there was hot plastic smell coming from modem. I even put a fan blowing on it still did it again later

Rino744043,

Thank you for providing that info as well as your information. We are experiencing internal issues preventing me from sending out a new modem on this platform. This does mean you will need to call our support line and have one sent out to you. I am, however, able waive the fee for you in full. Just make sure you post here again to let me know one has been sent out and I will process the fee waive. I apologize for the inconvenience. -Damian