Hughesnet Community

Gateway Location is Albuquerque, NM I am in Idaho & SRSS is 58 never gets above that.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RAD
Freshman

Gateway Location is Albuquerque, NM I am in Idaho & SRSS is 58 never gets above that.

Good day,

Yesterday our HughesNet was down Error 11.2.1 weather. So today I was able to get it back, researching I found our Gateway was in Albuquerque, NM Why?

(IPGW: J2ALB022HNSIGW1104) Just wondering if the Gateway location can be changed as I am located in the vicinity of Spokane, WA to the north Missoula, MT to the east, Boise, ID to the South  We are very remote. I also attached our System Control & Gateway information. Are SRSS has been steady at 58 as well.  

RAD_0-1652548350520.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The code generally means your dish couldn't find a signal from the satellite. Usually that means severe rain was degrading the signal, but if it intermittently persists during good weather it could also mean foliage or tree branches/leaves blowing into the signal path. Might want to check the vicinity of the dish to make sure nothing's growing around it or into the area between the dish and transceiver (I recently had this happen) and/or there is no new tree growth in front of the dish.

Doubtful that swapping modems did anything other than rebooting it by removing power, then re-powering it (note: never press the red reset button which could zeroize it, requiring a call to phone help in order to get it re-registered into the system).

I would also advise you to edit the SAN out of your images. The SAN is your full account number and could be used in a phishing scheme to get your account information.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The gateways are always in a different state from where you're at.  I don't think they change your gateway, but hopefully someone will have a better reply for you.  

I hope so as the weather at the Gateway location was Sunny & Warm no weather issues.so i am not sure why I had the 11.2.1 System State Code

maratsade

The weather at your location can also affect the signal, so if you have thick cloud cover, rain, or other things like that, it can scatter the signal and mess things up.   

But the 11.2.1 state code means (unless they have updated what it means)  "outroute is not locked."   Do you get a weather-related message in the system control center?   EDIT: I can't see your images clearly, so I can't see what they indicate. 

RAD_1-1652555167381.pngRAD_2-1652555319806.png

I was researching that code on HughesNet support that is where I figured it was a weather related code it was there for several week but we had intermittent use.  Yes we are in Spring break up and have had some minor snow, rain & cloud cover but yesterday all I had on the Modem as far as lights was the Wi-Fi & LAN.  Even at 6:45 am PST this am it was still not working until I did the following:   

I connected a spare modem we had recently cancelled. Let it set up but not re activate, then I removed that modem and put this one back online and it worked.  Maybe modem is going bad??

The code generally means your dish couldn't find a signal from the satellite. Usually that means severe rain was degrading the signal, but if it intermittently persists during good weather it could also mean foliage or tree branches/leaves blowing into the signal path. Might want to check the vicinity of the dish to make sure nothing's growing around it or into the area between the dish and transceiver (I recently had this happen) and/or there is no new tree growth in front of the dish.

Doubtful that swapping modems did anything other than rebooting it by removing power, then re-powering it (note: never press the red reset button which could zeroize it, requiring a call to phone help in order to get it re-registered into the system).

I would also advise you to edit the SAN out of your images. The SAN is your full account number and could be used in a phishing scheme to get your account information.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Your signal level is only 50.  You need to call in to support and get a tech out to repoint dish. It might be working now..  But will go out again..

GabeU

@RAD 

They definitely can't change the gateway you're connected to.  Each spot beam, which covers a specific area, is locked to a specific gateway.  

Regarding the gateway location and why it's far from you, it has something to do with the angle of the signal from your location to the satellite and the satellite to the gateway.  The angle can't be too narrow, and if your gateway was in the same state, it would be.  Though I don't know the reason for needing a wider angle for certain, I think it has something to do with signal interference.

Screen Shot 2022-05-14 at 8.51.01 PM.png  

Edit:  Though it's already been mentioned, I want to second the importance of editing your SAN out of your snapshots.  You can edit your reply by clicking on the three vertical dots to its upper right.  You can replace the existing pictures with ones you've edited the SAN out of.

maratsade

@RAD , you seem to have marked all the replies as solutions, but they're not solutions to your problem; they're just information. The solution will come from the techs.  The system sends an email asking if your problem was solved, or something like that...just ignore those emails.