Hughesnet Community

Gateway connectivity loss of system every day (again)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dond_8725422
Freshman

Gateway connectivity loss of system every day (again)

Recently replaced modem. System worked great for about a week.

Now, seems daily more off-line than on-line.

Common Code 12.1.1 gateway connectivity connection loss, system loss, limited connectivity....

Growing weary, customer from 2010 but.....can't stand much more aggravation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Technician found loose pole issue with pole mounted satellite.

Relocated to shingle roof mount on house.

Corrected issue, problem solved. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Damian

@dond_8725422,

First thank you for being a customer for 12 years. I am also sorry to hear that you are still experiencing issues.  After running remote diagnostics, I see that your modem is running great, however, the satellite dish signal quality is very poor and below the threshold for normal service functionality. This ether happens if the dish has been moved out of alignment or there is very thick cloud coverage or rain in your area. First, are you experiencing any heavy cloud coverage and or rain? If not, has the dish been moved or altered recently?

-Damian 

dond_8725422
Freshman

Hello and thank you for replying.

I have been experiencing this over the last two weeks daily with clear skies.

The dish has not been touched to my knowledge, unless the wind has moved it.

We have the same issue, modem requires reboot every day. Sometimes two or three times a day.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Chas3003 

If you need assistance, please start a new topic in Tech Support to keep your issues separate from the OP's.  You can do so here.  Make sure to describe what's going on and anything you've tried thus far.  

@dond_8725422,

Thank you for providing me that info. After running diagnostics again, I see that the signal quality is still poor which likely means the dish has shifted position. The best fix for this is getting a technician to come out and repoint the dish. Normally, we would wait for weather to clear but the weather in your area is fine. I do see some rain showers are coming up next week so you may want to schedule for a time outside of these showers or on a day that it is raining lightly. 

-Damian 

Okay, thank you Damian.  I now have called the tech support and set up a appointment for technician to come out.

@dond_8725422,

Great, I'm glad you were able to get it scheduled. Please update me here after the repair. 

-Damian 

Technician found loose pole issue with pole mounted satellite.

Relocated to shingle roof mount on house.

Corrected issue, problem solved. 

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Excellent! Glad this was solved. 

@dond_8725422,

That is great to hear and thank you for the update. If you ever need anything else in the future please reach out again. 

-Damian