Hughesnet Community

Gateway location

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gateway location

During my problems with weird happenings I decided to find out where my gateway was located. Although I didn't really think the problem was between me and the gateway I thought I'd check the weather at my gateway anyway.

First I searched for gateway id 10 here, with no results that helped. Ditto with gateway location. I admit I only looked at three pages of results each time.

Then with Google, I found a tutorial at:

https://chucksbasix.com/2017/10/06/how-to-find-your-hughesnet-gateway/

On how to find your gateway location using your IP Gateway Association State. Mine is:

ENG57HNSIGW54A001

Appling the method in the turorial to the above I get a gateway location of: G57. Which makes no sense that I can see. Also the length of my IPGAS is different than his example

I give up! Where the heck is gateway id 10, and can this be determined from ones IPGAS?

FIB, n. A lie that has not cut its teeth. An habitual liar's nearest approach to truth: the perigee of his eccentric orbit.
The Devil's Dictionary

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@gaines_wright 

It looks like you're on Beam 57 of the Echostar 17 (J1) satellite.  If so, your Gateway is in Englewood, CO.

Check your beam and satellite in the Satellite box of this page.   

Capture.JPG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MarkJFine
Professor

Actually, that would be ENG57 for the location,  HNS internal gateway 54A, as you're likely on J1, not J2.

@C0RR0SIVEmay have other info.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@gaines_wright 

It looks like you're on Beam 57 of the Echostar 17 (J1) satellite.  If so, your Gateway is in Englewood, CO.

Check your beam and satellite in the Satellite box of this page.   

Capture.JPG

@GabeU wrote:

@gaines_wright 

Thanks.

You know, would't it be nice if someone compiled a list of-- Nooooooo! I'm not going to fall for that again! :>)>