HELP

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cbynum
Spectator

HELP

Hello I am new to the group and new to Hughesnet. I had my Hughesnet Internet installed on Thursday 01/11/2024 around 6:30 p.m. I worked all day the next day. Today is my first day home and excited about using my new Internet. Well I woke up this morning and there is no Internet. I unplugged the modem to try to reset with no luck. I reached out to the tech support team and after waiting on hold for over 40 minutes I finally talked with a tech assistant. I was told to unplug the device for 60 seconds and plug it back up. When that didn't work I was told to hold the back reset button and the front WPS button for 10 seconds. Still nothing. I was then told they would have to send someone out. The next available date for the technician to come out is not until Friday, January 19th. Obviously I am beyond frustrated as I have not actually used said internet service yet besides the brief period after installation. I have logged into the IP admin login and there is a message stating that the device was waiting on activation. I am very confused, frustrated, and beyond disappointed. Does anyone have any advice for me!!!! Just to provide as much info as possible there has not been any bad weather today. The sky's have been cloudless and sunny all day. I don't know what to do. If anyone has any advice or go to options please let me know!!!

3 REPLIES 3
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Sounds like the problem is the modem needs to be activated. The Hughesnet reps on this site can help, but they won't be here until next week.  While you wait, you may want to try calling again and see if the phone rep can help you activate the modem. Maybe call very early or very late to see if you can shorten the on-hold time. 

I hope you can get this frustrating situation resolved quickly. 

Thank you for your response! I will definitely try them again first thing. 

cbynum,

Thank you for reaching out! I see it's your first post here. Welcome to the Community! Were you able to have your issue resolved?

Thanks,

Remy