Hughesnet Community

HN out of service over 22% in a 12-hour period with clear skies. 12.7.1 State Code is killing us.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bljhn
Freshman

HN out of service over 22% in a 12-hour period with clear skies. 12.7.1 State Code is killing us.

Over the past few days, our HN has been going down constantly every 15-20 minutes.  We called Tech Support 3 times over the past couple of days and was told it was just bad weather which we did have.  Well, the bad weather cleared out overnight last night, and we had nothing but clear sky for the past 12 hours.

At 10:28am this morning with clear skies, i cleared the state codes and rebooted the modem to get a good 12-hour run.

In the 12-hour period that followed, we were down over 22% of the time due to 12.7.1 state code with 172 transtions and 9449 total durations.  It's happening about every 10-15 minutes, then clears itself after 5-10 minutes.  Our system has been in service for 2 years now and has worked flawlessly up till a few days ago.

Other subscribers that have had this issue in the past had it resolved by HN engineers that did a beam adjustment/alignment.

Either our transmitter/modem is bad or there needs to be a beam adjustment.

We need help to get this resolved out as we depend on our service for financial transactions, etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello,

Those of you in Louisiana (Beam 53) should have operational services now. Our engineers found a configuration issue in one specific network route, corrected it and restored service. If you are still experiencing issues, please powercycle your HughesNet modem. Should it persist, please let me know.

Thank you,

Amanda

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

Thahks Amanda, mine is working for at least 3 hours now without an issue. Good bet is that its fixed now. Thanks for your attention to our probelm.

Hi Amanda.

I'm the original poster of the thread.

Looks like we've been up without interuption for over 3 hours now.

I didn't reboot the modem, but I will after I post this just to be sure.

Really appreciate your quick assistance with this and will acknowledge the solution once I'm back up after the reboot.

No red X's under the hourly history for the last 6 hours.....BUT when I checked the current hour history, I see two red X's about 15-20 mintues ago.  We keep you updated.