Hughesnet Community

Here's an interesting one.. Check out my DL Speed ---> 500+ Mb/s !!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JT-Hughes
Sophomore

Here's an interesting one.. Check out my DL Speed ---> 500+ Mb/s !!!

testmynet.JPGtestmynet.JPG.

..  too bad  I'm not the recipient of this BLAZING Band-width..  

All I get to do is watch my  GIGS get sucked down some invisible pipe that takes it all and leaves me to pay,  and try to explain all this to those that don't really understand or don't want to for a multitude of different reasons...   oh and by the way,   just had a person out here 2 days ago.    

also,   this is not an easy one i'm sure ...

might have to get MF,  pretty sure he is way smarter than the rest of us.

don't take my word for it..  ask him.   or  gw.  

going to dinner now,I'm guessing by the time I'm back

another  3 - 5 gigs will be GONE   @#$%^'g  really frustrating.

JT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi JT,

Thanks for posting. If someone hasn't already directed you to our sticky thread on unidentified data usage, here it is. You may post your screenshots here in your thread. Your cooperation and patience are greatly appreciated. 

There are additional tips here. More recently, another HughesNet subscriber like yourself tracked down the culprit of his unidentified data usage to a failing Google Drive sync.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

TMN does this once in a while.  I've seen speed results of nearly 2000Mbps.  Erroneous, of course, but comical.  

Regarding your data issue, what are you showing as being connected on the following page?  http://192.168.0.1/limited.html#!/general/conn_dev_info

Edit:  You should also consider installing an ad blocker.  uBlock Origin works well.  

hello Gabe and appreciate your reply(ies),

ya know,  i might find it comical also if it didn't totally and I mean totally impair, ruin, make it nar impossible to get my work done..  school and small business,  so internet is kind of a big deal to me.  Also, if indeed it is erroneous,  could you tell the bean counters that?  cuz  it is Hard Core Hard Copy on my usage statement and billing..   here's another screen cap,   would like further analysis if you are so inclined..  

4 gigs gone and haven't downloaded anything,  oh wait 3 programs from bleepingcomputer total 6mb.JPG

I almost didn't mention what the capture is and why...     basically showing that I have used 4 gigs in two days of doing honestly very little..    downloaded 3 programs from bleepingcomputer  RKill, Adwaresomething, and one other..   grand total <  10 mb.    and probably  20 standard webpages,  and when I say standard,  I do mean Very standard.   Grandmotherly standard.  I say that not only to be clear but also with genuine respect and admiration.  Seriously.  

I really do appreciate your help and anyone elses,  if it does not sound that way...  well  that is the other part of this that bothers me  MOST OF !@#$%'g  ALL..    IT IS SERIOUSLY AFFECTING MY IMMEDIATE CIRCLE OF FRIENDS, FAMILY AND EVERY  F#!$%  ASPECT OF MY LIFE..!!    not gonna,  it's not going real well ....    

I have come to the conclusion that perhaps this is not good for my normal and typical Zen like state..  and it is likely a contributing factor as to why I have been a raging a**h**e lately.  Consequences related to my scholarly activities are bad enough,  but my business..  that's where I draw a line in the sand. 

I'm actually in the process of putting together a 14+ screen capture post..   how friggin' fun,  talk about opportunity costs,  deep breath..   deeeep breath,   trying to balance my 7chakras..  

I'm hoping that Amanda might see it and share her input and insights.  She seems incredibly bright.. far beyond simply intelligent.   Until then,  I can't help but mention that after reading a reply of yours Gabe,  make that 2...  that I justifiably and for good reason gave you a couple of kudos ,  one for each;  then somehow,  not sure how.. ended up on a page showing you trailing ( in kudos ) by just one to take over the lead..   Looks like there's about to be a New Sheriff in town..    let's hope for the Best.

JT

GabeU

@JT-Hughes

I have no doubt that your data issue is very frustrating.  The page I linked to is to help determine what is, or has been (since you last booted the modem), connected to your HughesNet service, which is the first step in narrowing down where your data may be going.  

If you have a Windows based computer have you installed Glasswire?  

yes on glasswire

and the link for the devices hopefully will help but this all feels futile,  i do this ,  i do that,  then i do the other and yet here i am.....  again.

GabeU

Well, there's nothing I can do for someone without their help.  I also see you're working on an issue in another thread.

Good luck to you.  I hope you get your issues resolved.  

thanks hughesnet brother,

I'll be hooking you up w/ a solution soon,   you definately deserve the recognition and have been more than willing to help every time without exception.      it is appreciated.

Hi JT,

Thanks for posting. If someone hasn't already directed you to our sticky thread on unidentified data usage, here it is. You may post your screenshots here in your thread. Your cooperation and patience are greatly appreciated. 

There are additional tips here. More recently, another HughesNet subscriber like yourself tracked down the culprit of his unidentified data usage to a failing Google Drive sync.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

thank you Liz..  

I've been a fan of yours from the first time I read one of your consistently and brilliantly supportive, helpful and considerate responses.   In my experience and to my knowledge there is no one better than you.

JT

Thanks for the kind words JT, they mean a lot. I hope the tips we have and Glasswire help you find the source(s) of your unidentified data usage!

@JT-Hughes 

going to dinner now,I'm guessing by the time I'm back

another  3 - 5 gigs will be GONE   @#$%^'g  really frustrating.

The only time I've seen anywhere near that much data loss was when I had an i-phone connected to my wifi.

..   I'm listening GW

I'm closing this thread due to inactivity. Thanks all for your input!