Hughesnet Community

How Do I Check My Voicemail From My Phone?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MartinF
New Poster

How Do I Check My Voicemail From My Phone?

At one time there was a guide that explained how to use the VM, but the links on earlier replies bring up blank pages.  Where are the instructions to use the voicemail system?  I have several questions:

1) Can I tell if I have a message through a different ring tone on the phone like with my old Verizon service?

2) How do I check messages and manage the account using my phone instead of my computer?

3) Can I personalize the VM greeting and message?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Wow they are fast, please check your PMs.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Liz

Hi MartinF,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! You can find our HughesNet Voice manual here:

http://voice.hughesnet.com/activate/docs/InnoVoiceGuide.pdf

Voicemail features start on page 36. If you haven't already set up your HughesNet web selfcare portal, set that up using steps on page 25. This is where you manage your Voicemail and other VOIP features, so that can let you do 2) and 3) in your list of questions. There isn't a setting in the portal that changes your phone's ringtone, but perhaps your phone's setting has that ability. 

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Thank you!

I tried to access my voicemail using my phone, but when I enter the last 4 digits of my phone # for the PIN as instructed it says that is incorrect.  How do I get it to reset so I can access my VM?

Hi Martin,

Have you also tried the last four digits of the original phone number that was assigned to you before you ported your number? If you don't know the original number, please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM with the last 4 digits of that number.

I've tried both possible pins, the original number and my ported number, and neither works.

Good morning Martin,

Thanks for letting me know. I've reset your voicemail PIN, please try again with the original number.

I tried again and it still doesn't work with the last 4 from either phone #.

How odd. I've escalated your case to our VOIP folks. I'll post back once I have any updates or further instructions for you.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Wow they are fast, please check your PMs.

It worked this time.  Thanks!

Great, glad you can get to your voicemail now!