Hughes email is not working on Iphone.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jayne
Freshman

Hughes email is not working on Iphone.

I cannot connect to Hughes email from my iPhone.  Started with not being able to send email, now nothing.  Have deleted the account on Iphone and started over and the error message is still "wrong username or password". This is the same other members of our household. I can connect to email on the Hughesnet site.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Liz

Hello!

Our engineers have made a change to address this, please confirm if you're able to access e-mail again. I've received one confirmation so far from another customer who posted here in the community.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

OK based on what you sent, please try these and let me know if any of them work:

- Disable SSL in the SMTP configs since you're using port 587, or change the port to 465
- Reset your password in case there was a password de-sync
- Disconnect the account from the client and re-add it

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Jayne 

@Liz 

For the sake of your security, you should edit your email address so that not all of it is shown. Perhaps something like the following...

5FADA248-3A60-47F6-A67F-E40D9E13AA5D.jpegC966538B-AF62-415A-A051-6ACCA0B5CF24.jpeg

Liz likely already knows your email address, so you don't need to show it here, and if she does need it she'll ask for something that sensitive to be sent to her via private message. If you don't know how to edit snapshots you can just delete the snapshots altogether from your post, as I'll tag Liz in this reply so that she will see them here. You can edit your post to replace or remove the snapshots by clicking on the three vertical dots on the upper right of your post.

Thank you for the reminder

Thanks for the screenshots Jayne. The settings look fine to me, but I'm having our e-mail team check as well. If they also agree that those settings are fine, they'll want to try replicating the issue with your account, which would entail testing your account with a temporary password. This is a last resort option, so I'll let you know what I hear back from the e-mail team first before we proceed.

-Liz

OK based on what you sent, please try these and let me know if any of them work:

- Disable SSL in the SMTP configs since you're using port 587, or change the port to 465
- Reset your password in case there was a password de-sync
- Disconnect the account from the client and re-add it

Sorry for the delay. I tried each of those and when I deleted the account re-added it worked

Great to hear that Jayne! Glad that re-adding worked this time. I appreciate your patience and understanding, please don't hestitate to drop by the community again if you have any other concerns.

Thanks,

Liz