HughesNet Voice just recently stopped

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kitnbob
Tutor

HughesNet Voice just recently stopped

HN Voice modem stopped responding just recently. No dial tone.

I hear a recorded message  "your device is not registered with your service provider"  in a rather pleasant female voice followed by a rude sounding "busi-signal".

I have very slow access to the logs in the Inno Media ATA Modem.

The last entry in the Call (ID) logs was 2020-10-21 18:33:09",0,0.6,"Inbound","2529965628"

The last entry in the Voicemail log were between the dates;  2020-11-27 8:45 am to 2020-11-29 (I just called myself from cell phone)  

After only 1 ring the recorded message was "the number is not answering, please leave a message"  again in the rather pleasing female voice  NOT Mine. the files are only 1.45 KB (no ".wav" data)

The modem is responding ........  however not near fast enuf to stream my phone calls.

Did the modem take a dump?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good morning kitnbob,

Thank you for your patience while this was addressed. Please retest and see if calls show up in your call records now.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

45 REPLIES 45
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

did you reboot/powercycle everything?

@maratsade 

Hi, been a while since I've been here.

Yes, I re-cycled several times. the most recent was Unplugging power to both modems, shut down the pc, turned off the cell phone, and then took a shower. Smiley Happy

I feel power-cycled.

powered up the pc first, then the HT2000, then the Inno Media ATA .

no change, except now,   wi-fi calling is not working on the AT&T LG smart phone. all ways something.

EDIT:  There are 2 LED's illuminated.   Power  & WAN

"Device is not registered for your service provider" and "busi signal" is still heard.

maratsade

Well, it was a thought. As you say, always something -- and always on the weekend, it seems.  I hope the mods here have an answer for you tomorrow. 

Thanks @maratsade 

My last comment , till I hear from the reps, is about the smart phone.

AT&T allows wi-fi Calling when detecting No Data service. 

I turn on Airplane mode after getting home, manually start wi-fi so I can us my phone for e-mail ect.

If I receive a call or a text, (cell data) I comes thru using wi-fi Calling.

When I try to call out, the phone says, turn off the Airplane mode.   

Thats a catch-22.   Smiley Wink

If Hughes Voice were working, I would Call my cell.

GabeU

@kitnbob 

Please keep in mind that, while some may be able to get it to work, HughesNet doesn't officially support WiFi calling with a smart phone.  

That's not to say that whatever is causing problems with your HughesNet Voice service might not also be causing problems with your smart phone's WiFi calling, but only that they don't support the latter, including troubleshooting issues with it.  

Hopefully whatever is causing the Voice issue is a simple fix and they'll have you back up and running quickly.  🙂

Hey @GabeU 

Thanks for the reply.

AT&T just enabled that feature in my LG phone earlier this year and its been working fine most of the time.

The phone was texting and receiving calls in airplane mode just fine. Till I rebooted everything this morning.

The phone basically objected to me trying to text or make a call with No Data available.

I would call the cell from the land line and it would receive the call and then send and receive texts.

Untill that, I was perfectly happy for the past 2 years sending email, instant messages, surfing over wi-fi, ect.

I cant test the cell phone for incoming calls today

because HughesNet Voice just recently stopped.

Smiley Surprised

The latency must be improving at 10:50 PM

@GabeU 

@maratsade 

after reading your inputs, I tried the cell phone one more time.

miraculously the cell phone called out over wi-fi to the HughesNet Voice number.

VoiceMail.PNG

so I left a voice mail.

It slowly  downloaded to the HughesNet Service Master dashboard.

I played it.  the cell, satellite, latency, ..... the message was all broken up. but it made it out the cell , out into space, and back again.

it never rang the phone in the living room.

and the clock on the voice mail is an hour slow.

maratsade

OK, so some progress! That's good, but I hope there's more -- maybe the mods will have some ideas.  

Later at night there's less congestion and often less internet latency, so this may account for the improvement. 

@kitnbob wrote:

The latency must be improving at 10:50 PM

after reading your inputs, I tried the cell phone one more time.

miraculously the cell phone called out over wi-fi to the HughesNet Voice number.

so I left a voice mail.

It slowly  downloaded to the HughesNet Service Master dashboard.

I played it.  the cell, satellite, latency, ..... the message was all broken up. but it made it out the cell , out into space, and back again.

it never rang the phone in the living room.

and the clock on the voice mail is an hour slow.

Good morning kitnbob,

Thanks for reaching out. I pulled up your account to run diagnostics and thankfully the internet is working normally, so we can rule that out as a cause. At this point, would you said the main issue now is the call quality of received calls?

Is it possible to test if this garbled audio persists on a call from an external number and network?

As Gabe mentioned earlier, HughesNet Voice is optimized for the HughesNet service, so wifi calling or other VOIP services may not work. Test calling your VOIP number from a cell phone using wifi calling over your HughesNet network isn't ideal.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hi @Liz 

I was just joking around with the boys last night.

I realized that mentioning my cell would probably cloud the issue.

Im sorry. Shouldnt have posted it..

Back to the InnoMedia ATA, I suspected that was not communicating.

I mentioned earlier that there were only 2 LED's Power and WAN

I phoned  tech support this morning and was walked thru some tests.

We reset the ATA a couple of times, (paper clip in the lil hole)

the ATA  phone LED flashed 6 times and went dark.

At the Hughes voice phone we dialed **** and flashed the phone.

I think that removed the voice message but still got "busi signal" no dial tone.

I was put on hold (cell phone was hangin in there Smiley Embarassed)

The decision was to ship out a new ATA modem and phone tech will call back to get the MAC Address, and register the new device over the phone..

This should happen Wednesday.

I will keep you advised. Thanks.

Hi kitnbob,

Thanks for this update, I wasn't aware that an ATA was being sent to you, only that there was a VOIP case on your account. Please do let me know how the new ATA works out for you.

-Liz

Update for @Liz 

I received the new ATA 11:05 AM Tuesday.

I replaced the old one with the new one.

Can I post the new MAC address here?   the last 4 numbers are  **** **** 6683    (grin)

I had to call phone tech  support again cause there was still no dial tone. and only 2 LED's

they started a new work order   *** *** 569.

They still insist on a call back number.

My cell phone.   (and Im out of cell coverage)

I know Im not suppose to mention my cell phone here. Smiley Sad

Now I have 2 InnoMedia ATA's here and neither work.

Hi kitnbob,

Thank you for this update. I pulled up your account and I see in your latest case notes they've escalated this internally to get your new ATA up and running. I'll keep tabs on this as well and I'll get you updates as I get them.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

Still No Dialtone

@Liz  I know YOU and the engineers have been really busi with email and Slow speeds this week, and it's Friday already. Any news about Hughes Voice replacement ATA problems? (mine)?

Hi kitnbob,

Thank you for your patience and understanding, I did follow up on your case and looks like they were still investigating this. From what I can see so far from their findings, they updated something for you to try to get your ATA registered.

Please power cycle the ATA (unplug the power cable from the ATA and wait 30 seconds before replugging) and allow the ATA some time to try to register and activate. It shouldn't take more than 15-30 min, but if the dial tone never comes back please also let me know which LEDs on the ATA are lit.

Thanks,

Liz

The ATA has been power cycled for almost 40 mins now.

Power led is lit.

The WAN led is lit and flickering.

The one in the middle Phone led is dark.........  never flashed once.

@Liz  Thank you

To eliminate radio interference  I turned off both  wi-fi frequencies  on the HT2000W, unplugged the old cordless telephone, powered down the printer.

Still no dial tone. Anything else I can try from here?  @Liz 

Good morning kitnbob,

Thanks for trying. I was following up on your case and I see we've tried to reach out to you today on the alternative number ending in 23. We'd like to do some live troubleshooting with you. At your convenience, please give us a call back at 866-347-3292 and reference case 134381569.

-Liz

I was just on the phone with phone tech and she could  not hear me very well. I did hear that she wanted to send out a technician to my house. We were unable to do any live troubleshooting 4:22 PM

Good morning kitnbob, 

Thank you for this update. I can create a dispatch for you, do you have a preference for when to have a technician over? Morning or afternoon?

-Liz