HughesNet Voice just recently stopped

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kitnbob
Tutor

HughesNet Voice just recently stopped

HN Voice modem stopped responding just recently. No dial tone.

I hear a recorded message  "your device is not registered with your service provider"  in a rather pleasant female voice followed by a rude sounding "busi-signal".

I have very slow access to the logs in the Inno Media ATA Modem.

The last entry in the Call (ID) logs was 2020-10-21 18:33:09",0,0.6,"Inbound","2529965628"

The last entry in the Voicemail log were between the dates;  2020-11-27 8:45 am to 2020-11-29 (I just called myself from cell phone)  

After only 1 ring the recorded message was "the number is not answering, please leave a message"  again in the rather pleasing female voice  NOT Mine. the files are only 1.45 KB (no ".wav" data)

The modem is responding ........  however not near fast enuf to stream my phone calls.

Did the modem take a dump?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good morning kitnbob,

Thank you for your patience while this was addressed. Please retest and see if calls show up in your call records now.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

45 REPLIES 45

@Liz mornings might have less satellite congestion

Hi kitnbob, 

Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Friday, Dec 11, 2020 between 08:00 AM-11:00 AM. The tech will reach out to confirm the visit, so you can use that opportunity to reschedule if needed. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Thank you.

Hughesnet Voice just  mysteriously started.

Good morning kitnbob,

Thank you for this update, that was unexpected. If everything is working well and you don't think you will be needing the site visit tomorrow, you can cancel when your assigned local dealer calls to confirm the appointment.

-Liz

@Liz wrote:

.................................. If you don't think you will be needing the site visit tomorrow, you can cancel when your assigned local dealer calls to confirm the appointment.

-Liz

I was thinking about that yesterday..  Surely, I would hope that a phone tech would Not try to call to confirm an appointment for "no dialtone"

Smiley Happy

Good point! Haha!

For some reason I thought there was an alternative number on file for you. I will private message you the phone number of your local dealer assigned to this visit so that you may reach out to them.

Thanks for letting me know.

-Liz

@Liz wrote:

Good point! Haha!

For some reason I thought there was an alternative number on file for you. ....

There is, my cell number and I am out of cell coverage at the location of the ATA modem. We had previously discussed that issue.

To whomever found the switch to register my device with the HughesVoice Service I thank you.

I have had dial town for 27 hrs now. There is a lingering issue I would appreciate you looking into.

The calls log stopped updating  on 10-21-2020. Is that the time that HughesVoive started having problems?

There have been 7 calls since dialtone was restored that my phone logged and 24 voicemail calls that your the service had logged since the issue started.

I would like to access the call logs for the time and date stamps for each call incoming and out. 

The calls log is not updating.

@Liz Thank you for your help.

BTW; When the field tech returned my call, I told him I was speaking on the phone with the service issue.

He wanted to "check a couple of things" then he told me the signal was strong and agreed to cancel his field call appointment.

Hi kitnbob,

I can certainly look into this for you. So you're saying that since dialtone was restored, you've had some calls which weren't logged in your call records? Do you have timestamps of those missing calls?

If not, moving forward, please take note of the timestamps of the next incoming/outgoing calls you can and compare them to your call records. PM me those timestamps and numbers which are missing from the call records so I can send this over to our VOIP team for a deeper dive.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

@Liz wrote:

.......... So you're saying that since dialtone was restored, you've had some calls which weren't logged in your call records? Do you have timestamps of those missing calls?

........................ PM me those timestamps and numbers which are missing from the call records so I can send this over to our VOIP team for a deeper dive.

PM sent

What I am saying is that the call logs have not been appended since 10/21/2020

I sent my logs entries since 10/21

Good morning kitnbob,

Thank you for the PM, I received it with the timestamps. To clarify, all these timestamps were off your phoneset, the CL4940, correct?

Edit:

Got a quick turnaround from our VOIP team. They would like for you to replicate this issue so they have something more recent. Let me know of that attempt's timestamp. Then tell me how that call resulted; was it successfully made and could be answered or did an automated voice answer instead? If the latter, what did the voice say?

Thanks,

Liz

Thanks@Liz 

pm sent with most recent calls

Edit;   Yes the CL4940 records "missed calls" does not record the ID's of the calls that are received ie: by me or the other answering machine.

I see, thank you kitnbob! I've relayed the latest data to the VOIP team. They wanted to ensure whether the calls were actually being completed or if there was an error. We'll see if the info we provided is enough, but if not, I may ask you later to test calling your VOIP number and picking up to confirm that a call can be received normally, and also see if that received call is logged in the call records.

-Liz

Hi kitnbob,

Our VOIP team can locate the calls for those timestamps you just sent. Can you see these in the call records section of your HughesNet Voice self-service portal? It's the same site where you can manage you voicemail.

If not, please let me know which internet browser you're using to access your Voice portal. 

Try other browsers to see if the issue persists.

If you're using Chrome, try viewing in incognito mode to see if that makes a difference. 

As I anticipated, the VOIP team would like you to test calling your Voice line so that we have an example of a successful call. Then check if you can see it in your call records in the portal. If you don't see it there, let me know of that call's timestamp so we can double-check.

Thanks,

Liz

I cannot see the recent calls in the service portal. the most recent log is 10/21

I usually view the portal in firefox because it objected to IE11 at //hnsc.myservicemanager.net/#/dashboard

I tried it in Chrome and again in incognito with no difference. NO new files, read my lips.

So I called myself,  you told me the line was busi, and to leave a message, I did  12/14  6:10 pm

Guess what? the new test call to myself resulted in a new voice mail but there was no new entry in the calls log. 12/14 6:10pm

Good morning Liz

Interesting observation of this log file.

I downloaded a copy of it when it contained 150 entries. five days ago.

Today, on the web portal there are 139 entries. The Bottom 11 entries have been removed.

which would have been normal if 11 new calls were appended to the file and the file was to remain the last 150 calls.

The portal is adding and removing Voice messages but no new Calls to the call log

Good morning kitnbob,

Thank you for this info, this is good. I've sent this over to our VOIP team for their input. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,

Liz

Good morning kitnbob,

Thank you for your patience while this was addressed. Please retest and see if calls show up in your call records now.

-Liz

@Liz 

Success!  220 more recent calls are there.

The sort is showing the last 90 days, which is why the calls were removed from the end of the list.

there are 359 calls there now the oldest being 09/18. (of course) thats a lot of robo calls.

Great! Thank you for confirming. If you have any other concerns feel free to drop by the community again. Glad to have helped.

-Liz